Rentals in East Orange>Question Details

chriselliott…, Home Buyer in New York, NY

We are looking to reloacte. Is this area safe for my wife and our 3 year old? or can you tell me a reasonably safe area to live in jersey near the nj

Asked by chriselliott62, New York, NY Sun Oct 27, 2013

Answers

3
I'm a professional real estate agent and keep a couple of things in mind whenever searching for a place to live. There's crime in every city, state and country. No way can you escape crime. So it's not where you live more important of how you live. Also keep in mind you live where your income can allow for you to live. There's never a wrong or right answer there's life in which we have to live and living in fear is the worst enemy of all.

Tips on when searching for a place:

1. Making sure you have all of your finances together and your ready and prepared to make that move.
2. If you have children you can start searching for schools in your list of preferred areas.
3. Make a list of preferred neighborhoods and begin searching for a home that match your criteria as much as possible and if you need any assistance contact a local real estate professional.
4. Make sure you always compare prices even if a short time period take 2 hours of your day to compare and contrast not only price but the overall properties.
5. Whenever you walk into a home you want to feel like your connected so always make some connection before you say yes. It's nothing like living somewhere you regret signing your name to.

I hope my tips help someone who can use them and pass them along to someone.

Each one help teach one.

Basimah North

Service NJ

Follow me on Facebook, YouTube
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Nov 2, 2013
No, you should look at either, Bloomfield, Montclair, Clifton, Nutley, or West Orange. Stay away from the other Oranges though.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Nov 2, 2013
If you have children, out of all the Oranges South Orange and Orange are the best choices. West Orange is great too...East Orange is either hit or miss depending on which side you live on. I' ve lived in Orange for 3 yrs and I love it. My grandson goes to Lincoln Elementary School and it's a very good school for him....Other than that , Carteret in central NJ is even better for families but just pricier...good luck to you..
Flag Mon Dec 30, 2013
thanks so much
Flag Sat Nov 2, 2013
Hi, Chriselliott

If your looking to relocate I would be more than happy to assist you in finding a home in the East Orange area or any area for you and your family. I suggest to all of my clients the best way to get to know a neighborhood is by checking out the neighborhood yourself to see if its the right choice for you to reside in. As a real estate professional my duty is to provide a great experience for my clients everyday.You can contact me at anytime.

I hope this helps you in understanding that when searching for a home it is a very important step in your life and no matter what you make the ultimate decision. There's a link below of the town website.

Basimah North