Rentals in Frisco>Question Details

Jenniferwagn…, Renter in Frisco, TX

We are currently going through a bankruptcy and would like to know is it possible for us to rent a house in the Frisco/Little Elm area?

Asked by Jenniferwagner74, Frisco, TX Wed Jan 2, 2013

0 votes Share Flag Rentals in Frisco

Answers

7
I would suggest providing a letter of explanation of your hardship (if temporary) with your rental offer. Sometimes this will go a long way with a property owner. They are just trying to determine how likely you are to pay on time. Times are tough and hardships if they were short term happen. Good luck
I would be happy to help you. If you would contact me at Dennis@DennisOHagan.com I can send you what is available. Credit issues are not uncommon in todays economy and many Landlords are willing to work with you.

Kind regards,
Jennifer,

It depends. Landlord will check your credit, your payment histroy, your pay, your employment status, background etc. Most likely you'll have to pay more than a month deposit.

I hope that helps answer your question.

Take care,

Susie Kay, Realtor®
GRI, CHMS, SFR
Residential/Commercial/Investment
English-Indonesian-Hokkien
------------------------------------------------------------------
United Real Estate
III Lincoln Centre, 5430 LBJ Freeway #280
Dallas, TX 78240
469-371-2899
susie_k@att.net

http://www.dfwdreamhomes.net

Servicing your real estate need is my priority!
In this economy, landlords have become very familiar with applicants either in a bankruptcy or recently in a bankruptcy. For the most part, they are willing to work with applicants who are within the two year window and my experience is that very few require additional deposit.

So, the critical question is not whether or not you have had a bankruptcy, but whether or not you have other non-payment items on your record. The one most landlords consider to be the highest on the list is collections for previous lease abandonment. Or car payment abandonment. Lines of credit and how many are in collections are another main indicator of payment "risk" and that is what the landlord is trying to avoid.

I can provide you with a free Leasing booklet via email. Simply drop me a line at chris@thetomlinteam.com and ask for "Leasing made Simple" and I will send it back to no without obligation. I only hope it helps.
Maybe, but you will want to complete the bankruptcy and then offer some that will make your application stand out, like 2x or 3x the normal one month's deposit.
Bruce Lynn, Real Estate Pro in Coppell, TX
I think it depends completely on the landlord. Many landlords run credit checks and require a minimum credit score. So my answer says it would be a property by property basis.
Absolutely. You wont have any debt which is good to a Landlord because they know you will at least have money to pay rent on time. You might need a small additional deposit but we can help you negotiate that down for you. My team specializes in Frisco rentals and would be happy to help you Free of charge. You can also search for Frisco rentals on my site (see reference link below).

-Chris