Rentals in Walnut Creek>Question Details

clarkejulie, Renter in Walnut Creek, CA

We are considering moving to the Walnut Creek area from Australia. We will be looking for a family home to rent. What are the usual length of leases?

Asked by clarkejulie, Walnut Creek, CA Tue Apr 30, 2013

Answers

9
If you still need help finding a rental please feel free to contact me,I have
worked with Brits and Aussies before and way back in another life i lived
in Redfern,

Simon

______________________

Simon Watson
(925) 286-7112
(510) 859-4773
BRE 01881304
simon@myrealtorsimon.com
http://www.myrealtorsimon.com
I would welcome the opportunity to assist you! Servicing the East Bay of San Francisco providing rentals properties for over 25 years, I have a good selection of condos/townhomes & single family homes available with a one (1) year lease. Please call me with your specific needs and we will can get started on locating your new home! DeAnn J Simpson 925/974-SOLD (7653)
I have clients who moved from W.C. to Mt. Eliza in OZ a few years ago. Typical lease is one year.
As a rule you pay for electricity, gas and trash removal. Depending on the property, you will also pay for water. Are you bringing pets? That can pose a problem, as most landlords don't want or have to take pets. What about children? Numbers and ages?

Mike McCutcheon
Dudum Real Estate Group
License # 00354462
mtdiablomike@gmail.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat May 18, 2013
In this market where there is not a lot of rental inventory, most landlords want a years lease. There are some condos where you can rent monthly. If you are thinking about purchasing, you may need some time to get a feel for the area, prices and find that home since sales are also in short supply. If you want a better understanding of school districts and schools or just walnut creek, you can check out my website walnutcreeklifestyle.com or give me a call 925.899.7123.
I would welcome the opportunity to assist you! Servicing the East Bay of San Francisco providing rentals properties for over 25 years, I have a good selection of condos/townhomes & single family homes available. Please call me with your specific needs and we will can get started on locating your new home! DeAnn J Simpson 925/974-SOLD (7653)
Most leases in our area are for 1 year although landlords will sometimes accept 6 months. At the end of the lease, you would probably have the option to renew, or at least continue on a month to month basis. This only applies to homes that are rented as investment properties of course. Sometimes a home is offered for rent when a homeowner is going to be working out of the area for a set period of time.

Bernard Gibbons

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Bernard Gibbons, J. Rockcliff Realtors
DRE License # 01331583
Phone (925) 997-1585 - bernard@bernardgibbons.com
Web Reference: http://www.sbgibbons.com
Walnut Creek is a great place to live in. Leases here in CA are for 1 year. (deposit is usually same as rent plus pet deposit if any and 1st month rent)
Typically, landlords prefer a minimum one year lease. Please feel free to contact me for assistance in your relocation.

Elisabeth Simon
Empire Realty Associates
elisabeth.simon@aim.com