Rentals in Oklahoma City>Question Details

anneejensen11, Renter in Austin, TX

We are an Air Force couple who will be moving to OKC the first week of april. Budget: 1300$ 2 large dogs House

Asked by anneejensen11, Austin, TX Fri Jan 31, 2014

Answers

12
Are you interested in renting or buying? And if you are buying , I'm sure you will use your VA loan.
Do you have children, what price range, how many bedrooms do you need. And do you know what area of OKC you want? Midwest City is where the AFB is.
I just last May helped a couple move to here in Midwest City from Germany!!! I sent them several extra pictures that I went and took my self and they bought the home sight unseen, but of course she was able to be here to walk thru and go to closing. I had even took cared of all inspections, getting them schuled & any repairs done.
Do you need help with lender or are you pre-qualified??
I would love to help you!!!!

Ellen Briscoe
Team Briscoe
smarterlife@cox.net
405-514-8418
Annee,
Are you wanting to rent or purchase? You have many options in Oklahoma weather you want to stay near the base for a shorter commute time or you can be clear on the other side of the city with a not to long of a commute. If purchasing I would recommend contacting a local REALTOR and if you are looking to rent there are many property management companies around. I would be happy to supply you with a list of those if needed.
Anneejensen, I have a military client that is being transferred to Maryland at the end of May. He has not decided if he wants to sell or lease. His wife is military and she has already left. She is headed for Afganistan. They are a young couple with two young children, a cat and a dog.

They bought the house in July of 2012 directly from the builder. It is a three bedroom with a three car garage. It is in the very desired Edmond area.

Please contact me if you are interested and would like to see pictures.

Sharon Hopkins
405-833-4810
skhcpa46@cox.net
Call Vince Brown at Plan B Property Management, 405-306-8082, tell him Josh sent you. Vince manages properties here in the OKC Metro.
You will probably be looking for a VA loan. Do you have children ? Are schools a consideration?
I am sure I can help you find a home to fit your budget and I don't know why the dogs would present a problem. Call or email me and I will be happy to send you some homes by email.
Kaye Lyon
Prudential Alliance
klyon@pruhomequest.com
Thank you for all of your responses. We will be in OKC for 3-4 years (hopefully). We are looking to rent, rather than buy at the moment. My husband is still going back and forth concerning whether or not we are going to try to live on base; but I will keep you all in mind once we get settled in.
Annee,
I am not a realtor or a broker, just an ex-military wife, born and raised by Tinker. Base living on Tinker is very nice, as they are renovating most of the homes and building new ones. There are some very nice homes close and within a 10-15 minute driving distance. For your budget, and the dogs :-), Choctaw is a nice, upcoming area, about 10 minutes East of Tinker. Most of the homes offer land and are quiet, but convenient to hospital, grocery store, shopping, etc. Any where you live is close to these comforts. I hope this helps.
Flag Fri Feb 28, 2014
From your question I assume you are going to be looking for a property to lease.
Does your budget include utilities or the monthly payment.
I would really like to visit with you so if you will call me at 405-823-7519 I would really
appreciate it. I am Judy Hughes with Judy Hughes Realty Company.
You can watch our website, http://www.mfrpropertymanagement.com for leases and http://www.metrofirstrealty.com for sales.

April 1st to too far out to lease just now but if you are thinking of buying this is the perfect time to start.

Mike Bumm
Property Manager
Broker Associate
I would love to sit down and go through a needs analysis with you to determine if it is best for you to buy or rent. I find it works best to do the needs analysis to make the best use of your time in finding a new home. There are homes that will work in your budget near Tinker and the surrounding areas. Let's get together as soon as you can. Vicki Connor, Keller Williams Realty vconnor@kw.com
Vicki Conner is right about taking a good look at whether to buy or rent. If you do decide that becoming a homeowner works for your family, give me a call to discuss getting pre-approved for a home mortgage loan. 405-880-8111. Many of my clients have used their VA eligibility to purchase their homes. Welcome to Oklahoma!
Flag Fri Jan 31, 2014
Good afternoon:

How long will you be stationed at Tinker: If you are going to be here for 2 or more years then it would benefit you to buy and you qualify with a VA loan for no down payment and possibly I could get the seller pay your closing cost then you would be in a home for no oot of pocket money and most likely your monthly payment will be lower than rent plus you get the full benefit of all the tax deductions:

If this may be of interest to you then give me a shout and we will talk about it further:

Thank You
John Phillips
jphillips81@cox.net
There are many homes in that price range near Tinker Air Force Base! I have worked with people getting VA loans in Moore, South OKC areas that are near Tinker AFB and nice homes in that price range. Also, Moore Public Schools is a very good school district!
If you are USAA members, you may want to contact them, as they offer services through USAA Mover's Advantage that could benefit you.
You're very welcome.
Flag Sun Feb 2, 2014
Great Idea! I didnt even think of that. Thank you Alan :)
Flag Fri Jan 31, 2014
Alan May, Real Estate Pro in 60201