Rentals in Littleton>Question Details

cseban, Renter in Castle Rock, CO

We are a young couple from Chicago looking to get away from the city. looking for a nice town with parks nearby for our child (3)

Asked by cseban, Castle Rock, CO Mon Mar 17, 2014

we went to Colorado and fell in love, looking to make the big move. We don't know how to go about renting since we cant travel back and forth for viewings. Is there employment opportunities?

Answers

5
Lifestyle in Colorado and 312+ days of Sunshine per year, attracts many people on the move to our beautiful state. Denver has Jobs! This seals the deal for relocation to Colorado.
The Denver metro area is inching its way up the list of top places for STEM graduates.
STEM refers to the science, technology, engineering and math sectors, and is associated with statewide initiatives to draw companies to the state, as well as produce graduates with degrees in those fields.
http://www.bizjournals.com/denver/news/2015/01/15/denver-ris…
Also, the many other employment market verticals, are hiring, check out the web site below for current opportunities.
http://www.indeed.com/l-Denver,-CO-jobs.html

Please let me know if you need help with your Real Estate needs, once you secure career opportunities. Cheers!
Jan Baer ~ Broker Owner/Realtor ~ BAER Realty LLC ~ 303-931-5853
http://www.baercoloradorealestate.com
Hi cseban in Castle Rock -- I just read your question on trulia.com and wanted to reach out to see if you've made the move to Colorado or still needing informaton. If I can help in any way, don't hesitate to contact me at 303-906-3150 or email jmontgomeryandco@yahoo.com.
what work experience do you have? I posted a link on my facebook page, facebook.com/boanrealty referencing the top tech companies in Denver and all of which are growing.

But to answer your question: YES! we are in a great economy here, jobs are opening everywhere. If you would like more information just let me know, if you tell me more about your work experience I can get you in touch with some people in the area.

Thanks for your time,
I definitely understand the problem with relocating and trying to find a rental. I have had to do the same thing a couple of times in my life and it was pretty stressful! Luckily it worked out in the end, but I am sure there are other people who weren't so lucky.

I would suggest using sites like padmapper.com and of course Craigslist to find places. Although you do need to be careful of scams on Craigslist, as they are all over the place (as Jim mentioned). A good idea would be to find a short term rental so that you can move here and have somewhere to live, and then you can look for a more permanent solution once you are actually here.

Do you have any friends or family in the area that can actually go and look at rentals that you are interested in?

As for employment opportunities, that depends on the industry/field you are interested in. What are you looking to do?

Let me know if I can help in any way!
As you saw when visiting you can't go wrong moving to Colorado, I (Jim) moved here in 1969 from the east coast while in the service and I have lived here ever since. The semi-arid climate makes it ideal for outdoor activities year round. Denver and the surrounding areas are known for parks you just can't go wrong.

Feel free to visit our web site to research our areas.

All that said be very careful of scams when looking for rental properties. I suggest contacting a reputable rental agency.

Best of luck!
Jim Lux CRS, GRI, e-PRO