Rentals in Snellville>Question Details

Onelife2love, Renter in Loganville, GA

Wants to buy a house, but has credit issues. Looking for rentals

Asked by Onelife2love, Loganville, GA Mon Jul 30, 2012

My credit is not great! I filed bankruptcy a year and a half ago and I have recent medical debts and smaller debts on my report for student loans. I would love to purchase a home, but I know credit wise I am not in the position to do so. I am also concerned about finding another rental with my credit history although I have a good rental history and I have a stable income. Any suggestions?

Answers

1
Hello, again!

The most important factors considered when evaluating rental prospects are 1) Clean prior rental history, 2) income to rent ratio (there's enough money coming in so that the rent is 30% or less of of the renter's gross income).

Owners of rental properties understand that if their customers had perfect credit they most likely wouldn't be looking to rent, they'd be looking to take advantage of today's amazing home prices and buy themselves. Most of the time credit is only used as a guideline and considered after rental history and income. I have a great lender I work with that can assist you with your credit so that most likely by the time your new lease is up you are fully prepared to buy a home of your own.