Rentals in Natomas Park>Question Details

Mcleary.f, Home Buyer in

Transfering to Sacramento at the end of the year. Please let me know of good neighborhoods for small children. Budget around 2,200

Asked by Mcleary.f, Tue Apr 9, 2013

Interested in 4 bed2 bath, 2000 sq ft min
Nice patio
Budget 2300

This question was asked from this property:…

There are many great neighborhoods in Sacramento. In order to find an area that is a good fit, I would start with what your are looking for. Newer homes, a lot of parks, shopping nearby, off the beaten path, close to work, etc... Where will your job be located at here in Sacramento? If you're not too far, it wouldn't be a bad idea to come out here and drive around the areas you are considering.

Good luck in your search!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Apr 9, 2013
Sacramento is a rather large area to attempt to identify "good neighborhoods". And of course we all think our own neighborhoods are great based on our own subjective opinions. I believe it is always best to start by establishing what part of Sacramento will work best for you, and then establish your search parameters in more detail to explore that area. Your budget of $2,200-2,300 should give you some options, although in some areas it might be tight. Good luck to you
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Apr 9, 2013
We're going to be in Sacramento in october to look for rentals as we are moving at the end of the year. Would you be interested in showing us properties around the city? Im interested in rental at least for a year and then buy a property.
We need 4 bd 2 bath with at least 2,000 sq ft with a patio. Good neighborhood for us is a nice place with parks and good schools in the area. Gated if posible, althoug I know for $2200 that might be tight.
Please send me your email so we can get in contact when the time comes to schedule showings of the properties you have available.
We've been in SF many times but not SAC.
My email es
Flag Tue Apr 9, 2013
I agree with Sue's answer. Unfortunately rental management companies don't typically offer Realtors a reasonable financial incentive to assist them in finding tenants. Therefore, Realtors have no choice but to focus on sales - where they can earn commissions.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Apr 9, 2013
Your best bet is to contact Sacramento Delta property management who had placed this ad. Most respondents here are licensed realtors who have information related to buying or selling homes but unfortunately, Sacramento isn't an area that offers us the same level of detail on rentals.

Your best option is to contact property managers.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Apr 9, 2013
Are you wanting to rent or buy, as values on this size home will differ, neighborhood to neighborhood. There are many neighborhoods that you will like, I am sure, depending on your preferences. With small children, if schools are important, than San Juan, Roseville, Rocklin, Folsom and Elk Grove districts may be the best for you. Natomas, Roseville, Elk Grove are great for parks and children's recreation. Suburban living is Natomas, Roseville, Elk Grove, Folsom, Citrus Heights and more. For proximity to work, it depends where you are working. Your rental budget seems adequate for all these areas. GOOD LUCK!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Apr 9, 2013
How about Elk Grove, a suburb south of Sacramento. Elk Grove is famous for its tree lined streets, man-made lakes, nice parks and excellent school districts. It is a great place to live and raise kids.

Here you may find a rental which may suit your needs, certainly with your budget of $2,300 per month, you should be able to find a decent 4 bed/2bath > 2,000 sqft single family home built in the last 10 years.

Check out the school district

craigslist has some listings on homes for rent:

or you can also contact a property management company, such as

If you do decide to contact realty roundup, tell them I referred you.

Hope that helps,

James Tan
Bethany real estate and investments
916 230 5250
That is great to hear I wish you safe travels in your move to this fantastic area of Ca! Where are you relocating from? I have prided myself in relocating several families into this area and hope I can do the same for yours!
What are some things you and your family enjoy doing when you have spare time? Are you needing to be in a more DOWNTOWN area for walkability to things or do you need a larger lot to be able to play with the family in?
If you prefer to send a private message to me feel free to do so on here OR you can email me if you prefer to not have it all out on a forum.
Otherwise reply back here and we will get you some great options.

As a few have suggested, Sacramento is a very large city with hundreds of neighborhoods of varying tastes.

So, with that being said, I would start with the same question Kylee is asking. Are you looking to rent or buy? If you are looking to rent, start with the rental company associated with the link you have referenced for assistance in rentals they might have. Using this method, you are only looking at rentals and only in the areas in which the company has them, thus minimizing and filtering your search.

If you are looking to buy, connect with one of the great real estate professionals on the thread and have a real time conversation where we can discuss your financing options and help you determine your likes/dislikes and again, fiter down to what your wants and needs are - only showing you neighborhoods that fit your criteria.

Keisha Mathews, REALTOR®
CDPE®, HRC®, HAFA® Certified
"SAR Masters Club Member 2012"
Mathews & Co. Realty Group
@ Century 21 Landmark Network
(916) 370-1803 cell
lic#: 01439130