Rentals in Pearl River>Question Details

arjaques, Renter in Pearl River, NY

Transfer to Pearl River

Asked by arjaques, Pearl River, NY Sun Sep 30, 2012

I am taking a 12 month transfer from Australia to Pearl River next March. I am a single mom with a 13 year old daughter and would like to rent a quality apartment that is within easy walking distance to restaurants, cafes, shops etc and is close to transport into NYC - preferably by train. I need at least 2 bedrooms with all facilities. I wont be bringing furniture with me so shall have to rent furniture also. I am not sure what grade a 13 year old would be in in the US but she will be 1 month into grade 8 when we leave - a quality school is essential. I would be OK with a commute of 30 mins to work. I will have to lease a car for the year.

Answers

5
Hi Arjaques,

I imagine by now you have arrived from Australia to Pearl River and have found a quality apartment there. Pearl River is a great place to live and depending on where you are, it is, indeed within easy walking distance to restaurants and shops. The commute to NYC is perfect. The NJ Transit has a stop right in the heart of Pearl River and from there you go to either Secaucus or Hoboken, and then take the PATH to NYC. You can go downtown to the Financial district or uptown to 34th Street and 7th Avenue. Commuting is also possible by bus and by car. The bus takes you into the NYC Port Authority building on 41st Street and 8th Avenue. Depending on when you leave to go to NYC by car and where you are going in NYC it can be anywhere from 30 minutes and up to get there. The recommended site for finding out about schools in the US is http://www.greatschools.org. Realtors are not permitted to give opinions about schools but many people I know have relied on this site and been satisfied with it. Please contact me at 914-588-2365 if you are not situated yet in Pearl River, and I will be glad to help you. Of course, I hope you have found an apartment and gotten furniture by now.

If you need any further assistance in real estate, please let me know.

Take care,
Ellen
Ellen Kippel
Licensed Real Estate Salesperson NY and NJ
Weichert Realtors
Mutli-Million Dollar Producer
Website : http://www.dreamhomesrocklandandorangeny.com
Website: http://www.ellensellsrealestate.com
Email: eskippel@aol.com

Arjaques,

It sounds like you will be facing a lot of changes next year. The train from Pearl River to Hoboken NJ or midtown Manhattan takes approximately 1 hour from Pearl River. Will you be working in Pearl River? Please use a website like http://www.greatschool.org to look up the statistics in the various school districts in Rockland County NY. I have developed a map of Rockland County broken down by school district. If you want the map, I can send it to you. Once you select the school district you would like for your daughter, then you can select which towns are located in that district.

I would be delighted to help you find an apartment in the area. Most landlords prefer to re-rent their apartment right away, so it is a bit too early to start looking for an apartment for next March. I could start sending you rental listings in January of next year.

I live and work in Pearl River NY.

Maureen McEnroe
Licensed Real Estate Broker
Prudeniail Joyce Realty
914 588 1873
mmcenroe@prudentialjoyce.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Oct 7, 2012
Pearl River is a great family town with lots of restaurants and businesses on Main St. The schools are also very good so you should look in the town area! Nearby Nyack is also very lively and has lots of restaurants and might have more apartment buildings. Good Luck!
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Oct 7, 2012
Another update, I live in the neighboring town of Nanuet for over 25 years and will send you all new listings or price changes as they occur! I can be reached via email @ allan.erps@ randrealty.com or cell 845-304-3040. Look forward to hearing back from you. Regards Allan
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 30, 2012
Your requests are quite doable. However Pearl River is approximately 45 minutes to New York City via train. Your daughter would probably be attending seventh or eighth grade as well. The apartment is basically no issue. Rent would be anywhere from 12 to 1700 dollars per month. If you want me to send you any current listings please email me I will send them shortly. Regards Allan