Rentals in Evergreen>Question Details

Mamdlphn, Renter in San Jose, CA

To good to be true. Could it be another scam? The Postlets ad list 2 different contact numbers.

Asked by Mamdlphn, San Jose, CA Sun Oct 13, 2013

Answers

7
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Oct 13, 2013
don't know what "it" is, but................"too good to be true"usually = not true = scam = run in the opposite direction

whatever you do...do NOT wire money to anyone who claims to be the owner...........especially if they give you some story about being out of the area and not being able to show you the home in person
2 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Oct 13, 2013
Definitely a scam. I flagged this same home listing last week. Bloody scammers. Thanks for pointing this out.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Oct 13, 2013
When it comes to real estate rental scams Postlets.com is a major tool used by the scammers.

Don’t be taken in by unusually attractive rental rates. They are the first red flag of a scam attempt.
Thank you for the link to the advertisement.

Yes, that is a scam. The person who posted the advertisement does not own the property and that person does not have a valid Real Estate License.

The advertised rent is less than 1/3 the fair market value of the rent for a similar home in that location.

These scams are often placed to scam the people who try to rent the property out of their money for the security deposit and prepaid rent.

To avoid these scams, I recommend that you only deal with people who have a valid Real Estate License.

Charles Butterfield MBA
Real Estate Broker/REALTOR
Broker/Owner/ The Butterfield Real Estate Firm
Cell Phone: (408)509-6218
Email Address: charlesbutterfieldbkr@yahoo.com
California Real Estate Broker License: BRE#00901872
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Oct 13, 2013
Sorry everyone it won't let me put the link in the reply I guess it is to long. It is http://=www.trulia.com%2Frental%2F3134560062-2552-Glen-Dundee-Way-S… target="_blank" rel="nofollow">http://www.trulia.com/rental/3134560062-2552-Glen-Dundee-Way…

I'm getting discouraged with all these "scam listings" here.
We would need a bit more details to help you here... What is the property address or the ad URL?