Rentals in Philadelphia>Question Details

Jennifer, Other/Just Looking in Philadelphia, PA

This is really a two part question. Firstly what is the best time of year to find a tenant? Secondly....

Asked by Jennifer, Philadelphia, PA Mon Oct 22, 2012

what's the average amount of time to find and get into an apartment - probably a luxury style apartment complex? Impetus for the change is entirely personal, there are no financial, employment, etc. issues involved. We just want to move out of our owner-occupied home for a few years. I'm casually looking at what sorts of places I'd like to live right now but I'm not certain of the "turn-around" time and I'd like an idea of when to get serious. Thanks in advance!

Answers

5
15-30 days is great news! Thanks :)
Best time to find a tenant in Philly is between April 1 and August 31. Finding a tenant usually takes about 15-30 days in prim locations.

For more info visit http://www.CenterCityTeam.com/

Frank L. DeFazio, Esquire
Prudential Fox & Roach Realtors – Society Hill
530 Walnut Street, Suite 260
Philadelphia, PA 19106
215.521.1623 Direct
610.636.4364 Cellular
888.308.1148 Fax
Frank@CenterCityTeam.com
Hi Jennifer, the most Important words Real Estate. Location, Location, Location.

Sorry..... I can only be vague on your answer.

The average turnaround time on rentals depends if the unit is vacant= 7 days ... or Occupied depends on the expiration of the existing lease to finalize.

Feel free to give us a confidential call.

Sheri + I are not a Company... we help you "one on one" with each client on a personal fiducial basis

All the best John + Sheri RE/MAX 1-866-473-6290 Toll free direct
Thanks so much for your response - luckily the place I'll be renting out is in the Art Museum Area and well-maintained so I'm not anticipating too many problems finding a tenant *fingers crossed*
Flag Mon Oct 22, 2012
Jennifer,
It depends on the home and location but usually the best time is from April to july and September to November.
In my experience, its when most of the interest occurs.
We are a professional property management company and deal with many rentals.
I would be happy to list your home for rent and manage the tenants if you so prefer.
Please do not hesitate to call me with any questions.
Dmytro V. Bova
Main Line Investors Group- Property Management
Realty Mark - Sales and Rentals
610-348-8389
610-449-1919 x. 105
Thanks Dmytro! April to July is just about perfect for us. This gives me lots of time to get all my ducks in a row. I appreciate your response.
Flag Mon Oct 22, 2012
Hi Jennifer, it depends on where your house is located. For example, Rittenhouse apartments are slightly different because of the proximity to Drexel and Wharton. I would say the average amount of time to find an apartment is 45 days. That doesn't mean you can't start looking to see what's out there, they just may no longer be available when you are ready to make the move.

If you email me some more details, I can try to better give you more custom advice. Good luck to you!

Eric Axelson, Associate Broker
Serving Philadelphia, the Main Line, Bucks County and South Jersey

Kurfiss Sotheby's International Realty
267.507.2287
axelson@kurfiss.com
Web Reference: http://Kurfiss.com
Thanks, Eric. My home is in the Art Museum Area, so I don't *think* I'll will be tough to find a tenant. That 45 day estimate is really helpful! I'm hoping that I'll find two or three possible complexes that I'll be happy with so that I can be flexible when it comes time to pick one.
Flag Mon Oct 22, 2012