Rentals in Hillcrest>Question Details

Dane Smith, Renter in 75219

There is no way, no frickin way 3408 6th Ave is 1200 a month. Maybe per day for filming or something but not as a lease

Asked by Dane Smith, 75219 Tue Aug 6, 2013

Answers

8
You are correct. Steer clear.

J.R. Thrasher
http://www.SanDiegoRealEstateVeterans.com
(619)929-0105
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Aug 6, 2013
Hi Dane,

When looking for rentals, your best bet is Craigslist. 85% to 95% of all rentals leased in San Diego County are found using Craigslist. It is used to advertise rentals by owners, property management companies and agents alike.

The best way to search is to put the zip code in the search box and then enter the rest of your parameters. Check often and call/e-mail right away as many rentals move quickly!

Lastly, beware of rental scam listings and ads that "look too good to be true”. Make sure you talk to the person managing the property and meet them to see it. Scams usually involve people asking for a deposit prior to seeing the property or filling out a rental application. The "owner" usually states they live out of state or out of the country. Other scams involve people stealing pictures off homes for sale with a low rental rate. That is usually when they ask for the deposit up front.

Best of luck to you,

Mark & Kari Shea
Shea Real Estate
National Association of Realtors
CA DRE License 01713506
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Aug 6, 2013
When you see a listing on Trulia that you think is "no frickin way"... click the "flag" and report it as suspected fraud.

Trulia will investigate, and remove the listing if they find that you are correct.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Aug 6, 2013
Alan May, Real Estate Pro in 60201
Seriously, how do you really feel?
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Aug 6, 2013
Hi, Dane

There are several types of programs that keep the rent affordable for low-income renters but you need to be very careful and you may need to check out the actual property. If you need any help on this and more, feel free to get in touch with me anytime

J. Reeves
Reef Point Realty & Construction
http://reefpointrealty.com
858-521-9350
Yea lots of Nigerian scammers on Craigslist and the like. I have had several people call me after driving to the actual property where my sign is in the yard telling me they almost mailed a check to some guy to rent the place. You need to very very careful. I suggest contacting an agent or looking through the find a agent tab at the top of the screen. There are plenty of qualified agents on this site that are more than willing to help you.

Best of Luck
Ha! You're right. Currently listed on the MLS Realtor Database for $5,500 (down from $7,500). It is a scam post. I've caught several as well. Please contact me if you'd like the rental agent contact information. I'm a sales agent, but I'd be happy to put you in contact with the renting agent if the home is of serious interest.

If you do find yourself a rental and are unsure of a "scam" - feel free to reach out to me. I am happy to quickly scan the tax records and MLS system to see if there is a discrepancy in the offer or solicitor compared to what public records state. No fee, no involvement on my end - I offer that service in hopes you'd recommend me going forward to anyone you know that may need a trusted realtor in San Diego! good luck, Sarah Scott - Sotheby's Downtown
If it looks to good to be true, than it is a scam !! Don't send any money to that person!!