Meggers, Renter in Rancho Santa Margarita...

The rent is high in RSM and were hoping to find a 2 bedroom plus loft or a 3 bedroom under 2k. By August is this possible?

Asked by Meggers, Rancho Santa Margarita, CA Sat Dec 7, 2013

We have lived in RSM for 10 years in the same apartment. We cant afford to buy right now and we really need to move but our lease isn't up til August. Ideally we would like the rent to be $1800. Am I going to be able to find a condo or townhouse in my price range? I'm doing the research now because there is an off chance we will be able to move and pay to break the lease in March.

Answers

6
Yes you will, there are plenty of 2 bed condos in rancho for lease in the $1800-1900 range. Check out this link to view currently active homes for lease in rancho santa margarita http://viewhomesinoc.com/rancho-santa-margarita-homes-for-lease/ to see what I mean. Let me know if you need any NO COST assistance in locating a home for lease as I work the Rancho Santa Margarita Area.
It is possible, however, I just checked the MLS for 2 Bedrooms + a Loft or 3 bedrooms under $2k a month and there are none. There are 14, 2 bedroom condo's but none have a loft. I can help you if you would like. I work with Buyers and Tenants. No Cost To You!
Al Olympic Realty 949-422-7374 BRE: 01400895
alwillfinduahome@yahoo.com
Yes I can break the lease but I have to pay about 2k. I am unhappy sonit may be worth ot to pay but after nearly 11 years perhaps they will cut me a break? I have no pets. We don't smoke and have been renting and live in the same unit for over ten years.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Dec 8, 2013
If vacating before your lease is up, the owner can charge you in full for the
unused months. It is a charge called "Future Rents", but check your lease agreement to see if this clause is in it. I am not an attorney, but if this provision is not in the lease, they may not be able to charge it (google the answer!). However, I do know that if the owner rents out your unit immediately, you would only be on the hook from the date you left, to the date the new tenant moved in.
Flag Sun Dec 8, 2013
Yes it is possible
A few questions I have so I can help you. Do you have any pets? Yes there is a way to break the lease and the landlord not penalize you

Talk to you soon

Ingrid Ski Realtor
949-874-0432
OCAreaHomes@gmail.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Dec 8, 2013
Hi Meggers,

Right now there are 13 listings for 2bed/2bath condos/townhomes for lease in Rancho Santa Margarita for 1800 a month or below. They range from a 870 Sq ft for $1425 a month to 1080 Sq. ft for $1800 a month.

So there are definitely options out there.

Are you set on RSM? I can sometimes find things that are decent places at lower prices in surrounding areas.

You want to keep in mind in changing from an apartment complex to leasing a condo or townhome that you will have higher move in costs. Generally you pay a full month's rent as a deposit, in addition to your first month of rent. Association fees are usually paid by the landlord, but you will always want to ask about that. You don't want any expensive surprises.

Please let me know if I can be of further help, You can contact me via my cell at 949-533-6125, or email at ccoffman@century21award.com.

Also, just fyi, when a Realtor helps you with a lease like this, they are paid by the landlord you are leasing from when the transaction is completed. So it is no cost to you to work with a Realtor to help you find a place.

-Candace Coffman
BRE# 01931193
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Dec 8, 2013
One of the largest and most reliable source for finding a place to rent or buy, is the local MLS (Multiple Listing Service). Offer by licensed Real Estate Brokers, who are active members of
their local Board of Realtors (as I am). The search is a very simple but effective way to find a
place. Here's how: You give me your list of "filters" (filters are your desires e.g.: max rent $1800,
2 BR +, condo or townhouse, cities you like to live in, etc.).All open listings with photos, filtered
down by your wish list, will be emailed to you immediately. Then, just call me on the listings of
interest, and we deal with the landlords agent for you! (Totally free to you since the landlords
pay the real estate agents). To hook you up with this service, just send me an email okay!
Mel Kim, O.C. BROKER for TLC REALTY Contact me at melkim@cox.net
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Dec 8, 2013