Rentals in Airport>Question Details

Lizzies387%4…, Renter in

The owner is "out of town"and will send you the keys when you are ready to process the leasing agree and have put money down to hold the house.

Asked by Lizzies387%40gmail.com, Wed Jun 26, 2013

--
This question was asked from this property: http://www.trulia.com/rental/3122948379-3111-Huula-Dr-Oceans…

0 votes Share Flag Rentals in Airport

Answers

4
This is fraud. I showed this home on Monday as it is for sale and nothing is posted about being a rental. Another fine job from Trulia allowing fraudulent postings.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Jun 26, 2013
There are several scams out right now on Trulia. The first one is west Glaucus in Encinitas for a 1 bedroom for 700. I looked up address and the mortgage alone is 1200. and it should rent for 1800. James Brown! lol is the fake owner on a christian fellowship crusade in Nigeria! I google this "crusade" its a scam.! The other is for a 1 bedroom in carlsbad for 580. Same m.o. owner is out of town!!! i wish these people could be prosecuted!!
Flag Sat Jul 20, 2013
Yes, it is a common scam scenario where the so-called owner is out town and wants you to send money first before giving you the keys. Trulia pulls data from other sources, so it is often another website like Postlets.com which allows just about anyone to list a home for sale or for rent kind of like Craigslist. Your best bet is to drive by the house to look for a sign from the listing agent and contact them to find out the true scenario or ask questions in forums like these where someone can do some research for you. I know tenants who actually sent money to Nigeria in the belief that they were giving money to the owner and were getting a great rental at about half the market value. Needless to say they never saw that money again.
Good Morning Lizzie,
I don't show this as a rental. In fact, the link that you have attached shows that this home is for sale. Who is contacting you about renting it?

​Sinead McAllister-Clifford
Real Estate Broker/ Realtor®

McAllister Homes Real Estate
Residential Sales & Property Management
http://www.McAllisterHomes.com
License 01366009
858-205-5215 CELL
info@mcallisterhomes.com EMAIL
Hi Lizzie,
This sounds like a SCAM to me! The link you provide is a home that is for sale; not for lease. Never send money or personal information out to anyone until you verify that indeed the person is the true owner or landlord of the property. Check the tax assessor's office or contact a local real estate agent to determine if this property is valid for rent.

Best wishes!

Laura Feghali
Prudential Connecticut Realty