Rentals in Berryessa>Question Details

Harry, Renter in San Jose, CA

The listing for 1901 messina Dr. is A scam!!! You will be asked to send a deposit in exchange for the keys and a lease agreement. BE AWARE!!!

Asked by Harry, San Jose, CA Fri Feb 1, 2013

--
This question was asked from this property: http://www.trulia.com/rental/3107116288-1901-Messina-Dr-San-…

Answers

4
Juliana Lee,MBA/LL.B’s answer
I'm not sure how you contacted the person offering the home for rent. I see Trulia displaying what appears to be a small property management company as the source of the listing, but their website isn't useful to find the property. (Two websites one registered in 2007 with Virginia address redirected to the other which was registered in 2009 with a Colorado address, but the name of the registered owner NARPM corresponds to an property manager association whose own website was registered in 1999 with a Texas address).

The property was recently sold (about 1 month ago). The pictures for the rental appear to be taken when the property was for sale but not by the same photographer. The rental pictures were likely taken with a cell phone camera.

There may be a new owner who does intend to rent it out but it sure sounds like you were connected to a scam.

San Jose real estate information at http://julianalee.com/san-jose.htm

Juliana Lee
Top 3 agent nationwide at Keller Williams

Over 20 years experience
Over 1,000 home sales completed in Santa Clara and San Mateo Counties
.
Web Reference: http://julianalee.com
Thanks so much for letting us know about this one, Harry. If you find anything like this again, please flag the ad so that it can be removed by Trulia. I've not only flagged the listing for Trulia, but have also let Trulia know the name of the real estate company as well.

Thanks again!

Grace Morioka
Allison James Estates & Homes
Thanks for the heads-up, Harry. There are numerous scams on the internet involving rentals. Basic red flag is a below market rent and a landlord who cannot meet you to show the property.
These ads are becoming the norm in todays market. We are seeing these types of ads on Vacant & foreclosure homes. To protect yourself confirm with the person who is renting out the property that they are a property management company or have a Real Estate License (aka Dre#). You can look up their dre # or name on http://www.dre.ca.gov
You will also want to confirm that the home you are renting out is not in default or going to forclosure. Good luck
Web Reference: http://www.dre.ca.gov
Frank Herman
9:26 AM (9 hours ago)

to keith
Thanks for your interest and inquiries about my house. Yes the house is still available for rent and we are looking for a responsible person/family to occupy and maintain the house now that we are not around. Myself and my wife just traveled to Carteret, New Jersey for a program called SERVING IN MISSION (SIM), you can view the link for more info: (http://www.sim.org/index.php/content/our-purpose).We will be away for 3 to 4 years or more that is why I have made up my mind to put up my house for rent to whom ever that will take good care of it. However, my initial plan was to sell the house but it was not successful because the Realtor raised the price which made it difficult for me to sell before leaving the States so never mind if you see the for sale sign in front of the house, It has already been taken off the market as for sale so there is no need to contact any Realtor.I want you to understand that I spent a lot on my property that you have requested to rent, so I will solicit for your absolute maintenance of this house and would want you to treat it as your own because cleanliness they say is next to Godliness. It is not all about the money to be paid on rent or spent; it is all about a good maintenance culture which I want you to adopt on the property. I want you to keep it tidy all the time so that I would be full of smiles whenever I come and above all, a good, strong and tight relationship between us when I come for a check up. Please one more thing, I wouldn't like to have any benefit of trust in you because I want to stand in your words that the property would be well taken care of all the time. I believe you have seen how lovely it is if from only the pictures you saw in my posting compare to the 100% comfort to be derived from it as you are an occupant.

FEATURES : Laundry, Electric Range, Electric Heat, Master Bedroom, Playground, Car Park.
AMENITIES: Air Conditioning, Patio/Party Deck, Cable TV, Ceiling Fans, 24 hours Internet service, Dishwasher, Fireplace, Garbage Disposal, Microwave, security alarm, Pets Friendly, Refrigerator, Washer / Dryer.

Rental Price: $800 per month and security Deposit is $500 (Security Deposit is Refundable) Utilities included in monthly rent.

Pets and cat are Welcome.
House Address: 5808 Laurel Cove Ct, Elk Grove CA 95757
Bedroom: 3
Bathroom: 2

SO IF YOU ARE REALLY INTERESTED I WILL WANT YOU TO FILL THE RENT APPLICATION FORM BELOW:

RENT APPLICATION FORM.
Name (First name/ Middle name/Surname ) : __________?
Phone numbers (home,cell and office line ) # :__________?
E-mail :__________?
Best time to call :__________?
Marital Status:__________?
A Picture of your self if possible______________________?
How many proposed occupants :__________?
List all in addition to yourself including approx age :__________?
Present Address :__________?
City/State :__________?
Will you have pets :__________?
Please describe Breed, size :__________?
Personality of pet :__________?
Preferred move in date :__________?
Intended length of lease:__________?
Do you agree to pay the payment before you move in:__________?
Are you ready to make the payment today :__________?
Earliest possible date of deposit payment:__________?
Length of previous tenancy :__________?
Present occupation :__________?
Are you a section 8 applicant
Do you work late at night :__________?
Do you smoke :__________?
Do you drink :__________?

Looking forward to hearing back from you with all this details so that i can have them in my file in case of issuing your rent payment receipt to you and for contacting you. Your quick response will be highly appreciated so that we can discuss on how to get the documents and the keys of my property to you via Express Delivery Services. May GOD bless you and your family and if you are finding it

Best Regard,
Mr/Mrs Frank Herman
Flag Mon Feb 2, 2015