Rentals in Philadelphia>Question Details

Kathie R.joh…, Renter in Philadelphia, PA

Tenants Rights ?

Asked by Kathie R.johns, Philadelphia, PA Wed May 22, 2013

I have been doing some extensive research & come to the conclution there really isn't such a thing as tenants rights based on the fact the landlord wins in the end by getting the tenant out!Can anyone dispute this?

Answers

4
Hi

You do have rights as a tenant. They are enumerated in the PA Landlord Tenant Act. You can download a copy free from the PA Attorney Generals web site.

Prudential Fox & Roach, Realtors
1010 stony hill Road
Yardley, PA 19067
215-321-3307 Direct
215-208-7169 Cell
Please contact me off line and I will give the info for a tenant's rights group 215-725-5700 X49

Philip J. Cunningham Sr
V.I.P. Realty Corporation
7942 Bustleton Ave
Philadelphia,PA 19152
215-725-5700X49
philcunningham2004@yahoo.com
Web Reference: http://www.GreatPaRE.com
Tenants do have rights. As long as you are current with your rent and a lease is in effect you can not legally be put out. You can dispute it in court, but that can get expensive. If you need advice you can call me @ 215-834-2658. I will give you advice and let you know more about your rights and also advise you on what you can do to prevent something like this in the future.
Your rights are defined in your lease agreement with the landlord. A landlord cannot evict you because you aren't giving up your rights. You have the right to hire an attorney and sue for damages from the landlord if they do. An excellent example on what rights you do have can be found at the web address below.