Rentals in San Antonio>Question Details

purple.popta…, Renter in San Antonio, TX

Small Family Just starting out, looking for a nice 2 or 3 bedroom house to rent on the North/ Northeast Side of San Antonio

Asked by purple.poptart8604, San Antonio, TX Sun Jul 21, 2013

We are trying to save up to eventually buy a house so we are hoping to only spend about 1,150 a month on rent, less would be AWESOME!

Answers

10
Jason C Campbell’s answer
There are so many programs out there.. Bond programs, down payment assistance.. Is there any way I can talk you into taking advantage of what will probably be the best buyer's market we may ever see in our lifetimes?

The market is rapidly turning into a seller's market
Interest rates are WAY DOWN, but they are headed up

If you buy a home now:

* You will get more for your money - Rentals never stack up to homes you can buy for the same payment

* Tax Write-off - You can write off the interest you pay on your mortgage, you can't do that with rent

* Build Equity in the home - Each time you make a payment, you are that much closer to owning it!

* Gain Appreciation - Homes tend to go up in value... the home is worth more than you bought it for!

If you rent a home: You get nothing!

:)

Jason C Campbell
Option One Real Estate
210-389-5266
Web: http://www.SAHomeExpert.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Jul 22, 2013
To look at rents, I would recommend you use rentometer.com and see what the rents are going for in the areas you are looking. From there, you can get an idea of what homes are selling for in the area and based on your rental amount, you can come up with Principle, Interest, Taxes and Insurance to see if you can get a house at the monthly amount you can afford.

Of course, using a Realtor who has signs in the area you are looking to live would help. They can help you in representing you in the buying side of the transaction. With so many issues in housing, it is well worth having someone there to represent you at the closing table.

Best of luck,
Liz
Good afternoon,

I’m no real estate agent, just a humble Mortgage Banker, but I can give you some guidance on your search for the right rental apartment.

In my experience in the real estate trade, I’ve discovered that the consumer is best served by adopting some simple strategies, whether you’re buying a home, selling one, or renting an apartment.

First: remember that real estate agents work on commission. The better quality agents---and those with the most experience---will be testing you from the initial contact to determine if you’re serious and will commit to using their services. Why? Because real estate is like any other business; you don’t sit at a table in a restaurant to read the menu without actually buying food at some point. It’s the same concept: the experienced real estate professional has to earn a living by renting apartments to serious and qualified prospective renters.

Therefore, the smart consumer should be well-prepared and committed to respecting the real estate professional’s time. Prepare yourself with three fundamentals: amenities, location, and price.

Know your requirements for the apartment you wish to rent in terms of amenities (one bedroom versus three bedrooms; elevator building or private house), location (proximity to public transportation or need for parking), and price. If you present yourself as well-prepared you’ll have a better chance of working with an experienced agent who will work hard to find you the right apartment.

Second, start with the internet---especially TRULIA.com---but stay “local.” Don’t think a real estate agent in Brooklyn can find you an apartment in Queens, or vice versa. Here on TRULIA.com you can easily find a local professional by clicking on “FIND an AGENT” at the top of this page. There you can hone in on a seasoned professional in exactly the area where you wish to rent your apartment.

TRULIA provides exceptional tools to help you as a consumer understand the quality of the professional you’re working with. Read the agent’s profile; check out the recommendations from previous clients; get to know the level of experience of the agent and the areas that agent covers.

Third, real estate agents are prevented by Federal regulations from answering certain types of questions. They cannot discuss schools or school districts, crime statistics, and a variety of other issues prohibited by Fair Housing regulations. If your agent is vague when you ask certain types of questions, now you know why.

Finally, demonstrate your level of seriousness to your real estate agent. Show up on time for your appointments to view apartments. If you’re required to submit documents for the Landlord to review with your rental application, get them into your agent’s hands pronto. Not only does this help you potentially get one step ahead of a competing renter, but you’ll be viewed by the Landlord as a responsible renter. Landlords prefer responsible renters, don’t they?

I hope that helps you improve the results of your search for an apartment, and helps you with a better quality experience.

Trevor Curran

*If you thought my answer was helpful, please give me a “Thumbs Up” or “Best Answer.” Thanks!
I specialize in the North/Northeast Side of San Antonio. Surprisingly, you can buy for less than you can rent. Either way, let me know if I can assist. I am a realtor and I have a back ground in mortgages. Budget friendly options are my specialty. Call me at: 210-875-7247 Robin
Carlos Verduzco, Real Estate Pro in San Antonio, TX
Hello. PNC Mortgage, a Division of PNC Bank, the 5th largest bank in the United States, has a office in San Antonio, Texas. We offer VA, FHA, Jumbo and Conventional loan products. I also work with several Real Estate agents in the area that can assist you with finding the right home for you. If you would like to know how much you prequalify for, please call me at (210)-325-7631 mobile. A link to my website is noted below
An agent can help you by sending you an application which you will need to have once you find the right home. Our searches are the most accurate also so oh will hopefully have the best chance at catching a hot rental before it is gone.
My number is 210.831.2402. Lets find you a home!
I would be more than happy to help you in your search. I specialize in the NE side of town, and also have access to homes as far north as New Braunfels and Austin. Feel free to call me 7 days a week! Good luck!
I can help you find a home call or email me 2109784610 or mrpsellstxlvng@kwrealty.com