Rentals in San Francisco>Question Details

pbpboyle, Renter in San Francisco, CA

Should we Ellis Act a single family home rental in SF before I try to sell it?

Asked by pbpboyle, San Francisco, CA Thu Jul 19, 2012

My brother and I own a rent controlled single family, 2 bedroom, 1 bath rental we inherited. The tenant has been in the rental for 18 years, and the current rent is $1400 per month. We want to sell it in a couple of years.

Answers

2
Even an attorney would like to know more facts before pulling the trigger on an Ellis Act.

What does your lease state? Who are the tenants? Are any tenants protected? Are there any children? Why do you want to sell? Is it truly a single family or did you divide upstairs and downstairs with more than one lease?

And the list of questions go on and on.....

Get a list of several landlord attorneys; although I know them, I prefer you call your apartment association for the list of some names.

Peter T. Chin Realtor #01866332
office 415-863-7500
Please consult a competent real estate attorney. None of the realtors on this site can provide you legal advice - unless they happen to be attorneys as well. In addition, there is much to consider when Ellis Act-ing a property, including your goals,

Feel free to call me at 415-200-7202