Rentals in Rocky Point>Question Details

Barbeybabette, Home Seller in 18324

Should not a sub-renter be checked scrutinized, not just the renter?

Asked by Barbeybabette, 18324 Fri Jun 15, 2012

If the person paying the rent has good credit, then does not the person actually living in the place need to be checked out, too.

Answers

5
yes you can never be to careful
Much would depend on your lease agreement; for any necessary legal advice consult with an attorney who specializes in real estate.
Generally subletting should only be done with landlords approval, but the terms of your lease may dictate what to do. Remember you are still responsible for the lease and anything the sub tenant does will affect you.
As a landlord myself, I would like information on who is living in my property. If the original tenant has legal financial responsibility, I would certainly like to know an attorney has reviewed the lease agreement and I have collected last month rent and security.
The lease would dictate the rules that were agreed to by the landlord and tenant.

Best of Luck
Barbara Carter