Rentals in 37421>Question Details

Ann, Home Owner in 37421

Should I pay a extra month rent, when my ceiling have brown spots or when my water is off?

Asked by Ann, 37421 Tue Mar 9, 2010

Last year when it rain and flood my ceiling start getting brown spots. Water is free, but every month they turn it off without any notice. What should I do?

0 votes Share Flag Rentals in 37421

Answers

3
They been knowing about this since Aug, Dec 2009 and Jan 2010. They also been on news for the water being off.
May be considered 'critical services' and you may want to ask about a reasonable reduction until the repairs are completed. Are the services down for a prolonged period of time, or intermittently during construction?
I would suggest you ask your landlord to review the roof for it may cause them long term damage and may not understand of the problem.

You may want to ask your landlord to reduce your monthly rent and have you be responsible for the water if you are the only tenant.
Kind Regards
Grace Frank
Remax Renaissance Realtors