Rentals in Denver>Question Details

Iason Caraya…, Renter in 80439

Scammers !!!!!!!!

Asked by Iason Carayannis, 80439 Wed Aug 27, 2014

Scammer wasted my time looking at a house listed here that was not his, now he is using my phone # to scam others remove my phone # please from this sight!

0 votes Share Flag Rentals in Denver

Answers

3
I don't think we can be repeat too often that house hunters, especially potential renters, should exercise extreme caution about trusting information posted on the internet. Real estate is a prime target for scammers because so much money is involved. Cheating people out of a small fraction can still be a lot of money.

So always be extra careful to make sure the property you like is really available and, where possible, check out the person with whom you may be dealing. Never go to see a property alone. Never send money by mail, or through a service like MoneyGram or PayPal. Trust your instincts. Steer clear of anything that seems amiss. If a deal appears too good to be true, it probably is.

Ron Rovtar
Boulder, CO
One scam after the other....
The above link is from Trulia to caution the public about scammers. If something is too good to be true it usually is someone looking for a way to extract money or identity from you.
http://www.trulia.com/blog/discovertrulia/2010/06/trulia_psa…