Rentals in Chicago>Question Details

Effie Holder, Renter in Gary, IN

Same email sent from different people...SCAMS! SCAMS! SCAMS!.

Asked by Effie Holder, Gary, IN Sun Sep 16, 2012

----- Forwarded Message ----
From:

Sent: Sat, September 15, 2012 5:34:23 PM
Subject: Re: Referral for your listing at 3853 N Keeler Ave

Thanks for your interested in my home,my home is available for rent and ready to move in,i wanted to Sell my home but with the advice of my Family i decided to rent it out and we are looking for a God fearing family that could take our home as their own.

The rent is $1300 and security deposit is $800 and the 1,187 sqft and as 3 bedroom and 3 Bathrooms. Pets are allowed and rent is including the utilities.Address: 3853 North Keeler Avenue, Chicago IL 60641.

Neighborhood Description,very calm and stable neighborhood. Neighbors are great and they also enjoy the neighborhood.. Lots of remodeling is going on around the area.

I await your urgent reply,

Re: Referral for your listing at 1751 Hickory Park Ln

From:

Add to Contacts
To:

Thanks for your interested in my home,my home is available for re

0 votes Share Flag Rentals in Chicago

Answers

7
Scammers have been around since the creation of the earth. Be careful. Work with a Realtor, who is bound by a code of ethics and license law.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Sep 17, 2012
Anybody who tells you to send money for keys is a scammer. Also, "God fearing family" seems to me as something that can be construed as discriminatory language (which is a whole other discussion).

Rents in Old Irving for an entire house should be more along the lines of $2500 / mo. Anything that sounds to good to be true, most likely, is too good to be true.
OMG!! I almost fell for it too!! I thought, "how lucky I am to get this great place??" But then they say you can't meet with anyone to show you the apt., just send your security deposit to me here out of state and my relative will let you in and give you the keys! LOL!! I ALMOST believed it until he had the gall to e-mail me the info to send the money!
I got an email from the same person saying the same thing regarding property at 99th Maplewood!
This person tried to contact me several times!
If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is. A three bedroom house including utilities in Old Irving renting for $1300? Come on!
Unfortunately it is happening a lot. I personally have had 2 of my listings posted by a scammer as if they were the ones who were renting them out. I tell all of my clients to beware of finding properties on certain websites and to call me with the addresses so that I can make sure that it is a legitimate rental/sale. Even with that, I had a client who gave me some addresses. When I investigated them, 2 of the addresses did NOT even exist and one of them was a vacant lot (however the scammer had put a picture of a house, not a vacant lot). My advice to you is to find a good Realtor. We are all supposed to abide by a code of ethics that will hopefully make you feel secure in your home search process.

Deva Kaumba-Dube
Rice Property Management & Realty

773-426-0487 Direct Line
http://www.DevaDube.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 16, 2012
A lot of them out there. Be careful. Its very annoying that they dont remove them on here.