Rentals in Los Altos>Question Details

Larissa Wege…, Renter in Long Beach, CA

SCAM ALERT: 1552 Josie Ave, Long Beach CA 90815

Asked by Larissa Wegener, Long Beach, CA Thu Feb 28, 2013

This property (also listed as 1551 Josie Ave) is NOT for rent. It is for sale $749,000 listed retail price. This property is also listed by another "agent" for $1300 p/mo and another "agent" for $1795 p/mo.

--
This question was asked from this property: http://www.trulia.com/rental/3110322958-1552-Josie-Ave-Long-…

Answers

4
Scams do exist, therefore always be cautious; for scam related information see link below.
http://www.ftc.gov/opa/2009/05/rentalscam.shtm
I kinda of suspect is too good to be true but i wrote to the agent (well i might be lucky to get such a bargain) but when he wrote that he will leaving In PA and will send the house keys by post.... RED Alert... I not a agent but I looking for a rental single family home in long beach safe neighbor hood for mine dog (labrador well train) and myself. Which zip code should I be looking into long beach ??
Wow, this is scary. I just called the Karen at the number listed 714-858-8355 and a gentleman answered "Thank you for calling LPN, how can I help you" when I asked what is LPN, he just hung up. This is definetly fraud. Please report.

The same house, same picture is up for sale ; the address is 1551 Josie $749,000 Listing Agent is Sue La Bounty of First Team R.E.

She should be notified.

Lesley Harris, Realtor
(562) 673-0943

DRE01124037
Larissa - when you see one of those you should press the "FLAG" button, and report it to Trulia as suspected fraud. They'll look into it, and if they agree, will block the listing.
Alan May, Real Estate Pro in Evanston, IL