Rentals in Chicago>Question Details

Anon1225, Renter in Chicago, IL

Returning to Chicago. Looking for 1Bd or Studio near public transportation. $80k/year but recent bankruptcy. Do I still have options?

Asked by Anon1225, Chicago, IL Wed May 7, 2014

After chasing my tail for the last 5-7 years. I finally did what I never wanted, but ultimately, was going to be the best decision in the long run, as I intend on purchasing a home within the next 5 years. I am in the process of filing for Chapter 13, but am returning mid-July and earn $80-100k / year. (Discrepancy due to sales commission.) I am not particularly picky on where I live, just somewhere convenient to the 'el' as my office will be at Michigan and Wacker. I don't know if I have many options, ideally I am only looking for a 1-bedroom or studio for under $950/month. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

0 votes Share Flag Rentals in Chicago

Answers

2
Anon,

Try craigslist! landlords may ask for a couple of moths deposit if your credit is not doing well right now, they may ask for references too, commission statements etc. Best of Luck!

Juan
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu May 8, 2014
The best way to find out is to call a lender. They will know if you can or cant.