Rentals in 85006>Question Details

racheljwalla…, Renter in Phoenix, AZ

Renting a home in Downtown Phoenix

Asked by racheljwallace, Phoenix, AZ Mon Mar 18, 2013

I need to rent a 1 or 2 bedroom stand alone (not an apartment complex) and I'd like to stay in the 85006 neighborhood, but I'm having trouble finding anything available. Is there a reality company that specializes in either home rental or downtown rentals? Is it socially acceptable or rude to call about a property if the home is for sale but I am only looking to rent? There's a great house next door that has been for sale for ~ 2 years and I'd love to rent it, but I'm not sure if etiquette allows me to offer that. Any advice in finding a rental stand alone home in downtown Phoenix would be greatly appreciated.

1 vote Share Flag Rentals in 85006

Answers

6
By calling on the property you like next door, the worst that could happen is "nothing" :)
Here is a list of single family homes that are for rent in the 85006 zip code. This should help with your search!

http://www.flexmls.com/cgi-bin/mainmenu.cgi?cmd=url+other/ru…
You should not feel shy about pursuing any potential lead. Nothing ventured nothing gained! The owner may not have considered renting, but may need to do something. Getting income on the property may take care of what they need. The worst they could say is no.
Great! I will def give that a try today! Thank you so much
Flag Tue Mar 19, 2013
I agree with my colleagues. In addition, there is nothing wrong with calling the listing agent of the house next door and asking if the owners would consider renting. If it is a For Sale By Owner, feel free to call them directly. You have nothing to lose.
Rachel, I would recommend checking out rentals.com, homes.com, realtor.com, zillow.com as well as trulia.com to find rentals in the geographic area of interest. Contact the agent associated with the listing.
Rachel

My daughter is an agent, lives downtown, loves the area and could help you find a rental.