Rentals in Upper East Side>Question Details

laleenna, Renter in 11206

Renting a 3BR/2BA Condo - New York for only $1,300.00 a month!! What's the catch, really??

Asked by laleenna, 11206 Thu Aug 23, 2012

Answers

10
Russell Emery’s answer
It depends on where the property is located. Though a 3 Bed, 2 Bath condo for only $1300 a month anywhere in the city would sound too good to be true. And you know what they say about that. Was this apartment obtained through a lottery? Do your due diligence before committing to anything and NEVER give any money upfront without being sure everything is legitimate.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Aug 24, 2012
Hi Laleena,

Depends where in Manhattan...maybe no catch. 99% it's a scam though, please be careful with your hard earned money and use a professional broker you can trust!

Best of luck,
Benny
The catch is... someone is trying to steal your money.... walk AWAY
I had 2BR/2BA condo in Roosevelt Island for $1,500. Of course it was a shared situation. Only way that you have a 3BR anything for that price is ENY, so it definitely is not a CONDO.
Laleena,

It's a scam! Your zip code indicates that you are in Brooklyn - you should know better If I could have said it kind of - I would have! Unless, unless...it's a roommate situation, I don't care if the landlord shows up with his mother in-tow...it's a scam. Even my dog says so, well maybe not in words as much as in his ambivalence!

If you click om my pic, I think it will take you to my previous post; in one I gave a list of most frequent scam indicators. Please free to contact me if you feel you have further inquiries.

Jaymes
It's either a share situation or another intent scam. If you can go and view it along with meeting the landlord it's most likely not a scam.
Shared apartment or a SCAM maybe.
It's probably a share moving in with 2 roommates
maybe one roommate is leaving for any reason
rent is 3900 or so depending what area isn't far fetch

A LICENSED Realtor
Maurice C.Bowie
View My Listings
http://www.aclawrence.com/1853
When it comes to rentals, be aware that scams do exist, therefore always verify ownership before exchanging any money; see link below; consider working with an agent.
http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/edu/pubs/consumer/alerts/alt002.shtm
Theres a catch. what;s the property address?
364 West 18th Street, New York NY 10011..
It's not a terrible area, still what's the catch?
Flag Thu Aug 23, 2012