Rentals in Martinsburg>Question Details

bopetemail, Home Owner in Atlanta, GA

Rental property in Martinsburg, WV

Asked by bopetemail, Atlanta, GA Mon Jan 14, 2013

I have a question about renting in Martinsburg, WV. I would like to buy a property as rental investment. Am I required to register my rental property with the county or the city?

That is a good idea, it is always nice to get the information directly from the source, that way there is nor misinterpretation of the facts. I am happy to help with any of your real estate needs once you have satisfied yourself that you have the right information and you still want to move forward. J
Thank you everyone for the advice. I am doing some more researches with the infortmation you all provided. It is very helpful.

I know Martinsburg puts on a "What Every Landlord Needs to know" Workshop. I didn't see the schedule for 2013, however here is the Contact information. Community Development at
304-264-2131 x 278 or

There are some great investment opportunities in this area depending on what you are looking for. Feel free to contact me, I would be glad to sit down with you and answer any other questions you may have.
If it is in the city limits, you are supposed to have a business license, and they may also do inspections. Taxes on a rental property are double the owner occupant rate also, so if you are looking at tax records and it is a class 2, once a rental it will change to Class 3 in the following tax year. If you would like any further help, call or email. Jeanne