Rentals in Alexandria>Question Details

Brett, Renter in Alexandria, VA

Rental ads don't show availability dates....why not? Looking to rent a 3-4 bedroom house or townhome in the Alexandria area, on or about 1-July.

Asked by Brett, Alexandria, VA Sat Feb 23, 2013

Moving from CA to Alexandria area. A bit tedious to contact every rental ad that interests me just to inquire when the property is available. Looking in Alexandria and surrounding neighborhoods along 495 (Franconia, Rose Hill, etc). Any advice or leads on rentals appreciated. Excellent credit history, reliable renter. Thanks!

Answers

5
Cindy Jones’ answer
Brett as others have indicated it is to early now to be trying to find a rental for July 1. Usually rentals come on the market about 60 days before the current lease expires. Knowing what you are looking for, your price range, pets, schools etc. You can also check out listings on http://www.militarybyower.com and AHRN.com too.
Hello Brett

To follow-up on my reply earlier if you can provide the following I can post a list of homes including date available for you.

Maximum price you are willing to pay?
Number of bedrooms and baths required?
Do you have any pets, and if so how many, what breed, etc?
Any special required that are an absolute must (not just a wish) such as garage, fireplace, etc?

I see your desire to be in the Franconia, Kingstowne, part of Alexandria/Springfield that you want to be and can limit my search to those areas. As I did say earlier though, anything I send you will just be a representation of what might be available in the future as nothing for June/July move dates will likely hit the market until late April or May.

Kathy Stark
Weichert, Realtors
703-201-9656
Hello Brett, perhaps I could offer further assistance should you wish to communicate further, please feel free to contact me at cinewright@gmail.com or 703-861-8017. I am happy to set you up with an automatic cycle of listings matching your needs which will include availability dates. Look forward assisting you!
I have a listing for sale that I would consider renting to a clean reliable caring tenant. It is on 6538 Dearborn Drive Falls church Va 22044.(google it) No pets is a must. The house was rented for one year only in 2006 for $3300/ month and never after
.
E-mail me at
deebgharibeh@mris.com
I am an agent owner with
Keller williams realty
Brett

I cannot speak to why Trulia does not show the date available but I would be happy to help you find a rental when the time comes. Based on your move date of around 7/1 it is way too early to be looking for rentals. Right now the latest postings I see are around 4/1 move date.
If I can get more info on your needs and wants I can keep you updated on the new rentals as they come on the market. I am very familiar with the area you are asking about.

Kathy Stark
Weichert, Realtors
703-201-9656
kathystark@weichert.com