Rentals in Newton>Question Details

Ruchi Bhasin, Home Buyer in Viva P  Lapham, Cocoa,...

Relocation for family of four from NJ to Boston Suburbs

Asked by Ruchi Bhasin, Viva P Lapham, Cocoa, FL Sat Jul 7, 2012

might be relocating from NJ to Boston due to new job. We have a 5 year old and an infant so need good schools and easy commute to boston downtown. Please let me know which areas are good for rental townhomes/single family.

0 votes Share Flag Rentals in Newton

Answers

13
Hello Ruchi,

I have some great apartments and single family homes for rent to show you.

Please contact me at the below:
rick@shilalis.com

Rick
Hi

Thank you all for the detailed suggestions.

We looked into more affordable areas like Natick, Ashland, Needham. Also keeping in mind Canton, Sharon. Please let me know of any other good school districts within easy commute to Cambridge/Boston.
We need a place by October 1st. So if anyone has something to show with 3 bedrooms 2 bath and deleaded that will be perfect.

Thanks!!

The South side of Newton is one of the hotest areas in the immediate Boston area for young couples. Specifically there is a neighborhood called Oak Hill Park which is seeing its neighborhood transition from smaller ranches to beautiful 4,00sf homes with 4-5 bedrooms. There has been a hug influx of families and kids, and you can get a new home in Newton for the best value there.

Easy ride to shopping, great public and private schools, medical disctrict and many parks.

Just my thoughts. Worth the look.
masha@preservationproperties.com
Masha please let me know your email id.
Thanks!
I have lots of options for you in Newton - convenient and the school system is wonderful! Please contact directly
I know of 3 very nice townhouse rentals in Newton in this price range. Happy to pass them along to you just send us a quick email to help@territory.com
Web Reference: http://territory.com
We are looking to rent for now and our budget is 2500-3000. We would prefer a 3 bedroom 2/2.5 bath with atleast one car garage. We have been doing some research and Newton seems to suit best so far. Office might be in Fan Pier.
Hi Ruchi,

There are some variables here. What part of Boston will you be working in? Financial district, Back Bay, Seaport, Government Center? (different trains go to different parts of the city, and if you have to make transfers, it could take a lot longer). Do you plan to take public transportation or drive? What do you consider an easy commute?

For example, my son lives in Belmont (great schools) and it takes him 15 minutes to drive to Copley Square in Back Bay, but 40 minutes by bus/subway. I have friends who live in Acton (again, great schools) and commute an hour to their work in Boston. All the other towns listed below are also good. So add in the variables I mentioned and you should be able to find the perfect place.

Deb
Some of the area's best communities and school systems are Brookline, Dover, Lexington, Needham, Newton, Wellesley, Weston and Winchester. Much will depend on how much your looking to spend and your expectation of your living space.

c
Hi Ruchi,

Having spent every summer of my life on LBI, NJ, I know how hard it must be to move from the warmth of the mid-Atlantic to the more severe northern latitudes (its not really that much colder up here, it just lasts longer). If you have to do it though, Newton, MA offers great proximity to Boston, highways around Boston, Rt 128, into and out of Boston, Rt 90, and also has wonderful and cutting edge public schools for all ages. My own children have been through Newton Pubic Schools and regularly outwit me, so they must be doing something right (I'm only half joking). Look around online, you'll get a good sense of the town and neighborhoods. Good luck.
Ruchi,
There are many nice towns here that would be convenient and have great schools. Newton is the most obvious one, but also Needham and Lexington have some rental inventory. Please email if you'd like to chat.
Masha