Rentals in Tampa>Question Details

Lhfaith79, Renter in Tampa, FL

Relocating to the West coast of FL & want a relatively safe community, preferably gated, about 45min south of Spring Hill and aprox 30min from

Asked by Lhfaith79, Tampa, FL Tue Oct 25, 2011

0 votes Share Flag Rentals in Tampa

Lhfaith79, based upon your question, providing you with some guided information will be pretty vague. Why? because your question is pretty vague. The actual distance from Spring Hill to Tampa is approximately 38 miles, but, the actual driving time is much greater. From Spring Hill you could live in a radius that contains a number of gated communities. Next, your price point was not disclosed, so the best answer to you at this writing is that you can find a gated community within 45 minutes of Spring Hill in your price point. Next , are you seeking a gated rental community or a gated community that you will be purchasing a home? If you are thinking about purchasing, then your first step would be to become pre approved for a mortgage. Then create a list of features/amenities that are important to you especially if you will be purchasing a home. Lastly, where do you actually want to be within driving distance of (what is the address or general area)? You can obtain some pretty fantastic assistance if you disclose what you are seeking and be more specific.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Oct 26, 2011

Have you been preapproved to determine your price range or will you be paying ALL CASH?

The State of Florida has a bond program for first time homebuyers and it can give you up to $7,500 for your downpayment and closing costs. There are maximum income limits to be able to get the money and it's about $71k for a single person to get $5k and about $40k to get $7,500.

You will need to work with an "approved lender" to get the bond money. You can find the approved lenders and the maximum income allowed, by selecting the county from the drop down box and the number in your household:…

Good Morning Lhfaith79,

I would be very happy to help you find a new home in a gated community here in the Tampa Bay area. I am born and raised right here in the Tampa Bay area and live in a Gated Community approximately 45 minutes South of Spring Hill.

If you let me know what you are looking for in the way of a home I can send you via email homes to review and you can see what is currently on the market in the area. Please send me an email to with the criteria of what you are looking for. You can review my resume at

Tom Scaglione, ePRO, SFR, REALTOR
I would check out equestrian park in new tampa. It's a mix of apartments in condominiums. it's gated and really nice.
Email me at my office ,