Rentals in New York>Question Details

Paul Haddad, Renter in New York, NY

Relocating to NYC in Oct. I need to rent a 2-B apartment but not sure which part yet. I need to identify a suitable neighborhood and apartment.

Asked by Paul Haddad, New York, NY Wed Sep 26, 2012

My budget is $2500-$3000 (all included). Excellent credit. Excellent proof of employment

0 votes Share Flag Rentals in New York

Answers

13
Paul.

I just did a database search for 2br apts in Manhattan and I turned up quite a few of them.
send me an email: jcusano@rapidnyc.com
I am a licensed RE agent for Rapid Realty.

Joe
Hi, Paul,

Your budget of 2 BD is a little tight in a good neighborhood of Manhattan.
I have a brand new 2BD in Sunnyside of Queens, very neat and good neighborhood, 2 minutes to subway station and 15 minutes to Midtown Manhattan. If you are interested, please flee free to contact me. mgu@redacinc.com

Ming
Paul, if you are interested in the Lower East Side, I have 3 vacant 2Br apartment exclusives, all on Orchard and Rivington.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 30, 2012
I have lived in NYC all of my life and will be happy to help you navagate this fab. city.

Ella Chavers
917-608-9349
I am not a Manhattan agent, so I don't claim any expertise, (although I work in a NYC suburb) - but my son has been living there for 10 years......he currently pays slightly over $2900 for a large 1 br on the upper eastside (80's).....it is a luxury , doorman building - that price does not include utilities....... the price he is paying is considered very reasonable - maybe even slightly below market.....

Just as a frame of reference.....his first apartment, in Murray Hill (east 30's) was $4500 for an updated, large corner 2 bedroom, 2 bth (with "L" dining area), and that was a number of years ago.....I believe there are some 2 br/1 bth apts. - on lower floors - in the $3500 range (no utilities included) in his current bldg. When they become available, they rent fast.

The rental market in Manhattan is very brisk.

Realistically - you may have to increase your budget to get a 2 BR, certainly in a doorman, luxury building........and especially if you want utilities to be factored into your total cost.

If you're ok with a walk up apartment, or a non-doorman building, then you may have more options.

I am sure one of the Manhattan agents will give you an overview of the neighborhoods so you can make a decision. Your price range may very well dictate what is and isn't an option.

Best wishes.....
Part of your decision should be based on your lifestyle needs and where you will be working. The price range will dictate the rest. I can refer you to my partner Kevin if you would like some assistance. We cater to the lifestyle...
Hi Paul, I can show you some 2brs in the east village, west 50s and upper east side in that range. There may be some other listings in other areas as well that we can discuss. Charlie Summers SVP Bellmarc 917-376-1648
I would be happy to show you some apartments. Please call me. My name is Erika and I can be reached at 917-335-8569. Thank you and good luck.
Hi Paul,

I have a complete neighborhood guide to NYC that delineates pros and cons of various neighborhoods - as well as a great deal of additional info on each. Email me at bmalow@crrnyc.com if you would like a copy. It should help you get, at the very least, a better sense of what each part of NYC is about.

Brad Malow
BuyingNYC.com
bmalow@crrnyc.com
In this case your budget will determine which neighborhood you'll live in. I have seen some nice 2 bedrooms in Hudson Heights for under $3,500. 20 minutes from Columbus Circle on the express train.
Hi, Paul I will be happy to assist you in your 2BR Apartment and nice neighborhood at both location Bronx (Eastchester side) new renovated luxury apartment, manhattan, or long island city, Queens nearby Grand Central 42st. Just contact me via phone, text or email, my number is 347-373-0572 or l.sanchez@myfinancialconnections.com
Have a nice day,
Luis Sanchez, License Agent
Hi Paul,

I'd be happy to assist you in your search. Please contact me at 646-730-3570 or shawnh@nestseekers.com. I have some neighborhoods in mind to squeeze the most out of your budget while making a safe, enjoyable and suitable home.
Hi Paul,

I would be more than happy to take you around to different neighborhoods and show you what is out on the market.

Please feel free to call or email any time.

Annette

Annette Holmgren
Bond New York
Licensed Real Estate Salesperson
aholmgren@bondnewyork.com
401-837-9445 C
917-595-4643 D