Rentals in Highlands Ranch>Question Details

Chad Dowell, Renter in Indiana

Relocating to Highlands Ranch maybe Parker area in July. Looking for something in that 1200-1500 price range, 3 bedrooms 2 baths.

Asked by Chad Dowell, Indiana Mon May 27, 2013

Answers

5
You will be priced out of Highlands Ranch. Most areas of Parker are nice, personally I'd avoid Cottonwood (lived there 4 years) but still there are nice homes too.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Dec 20, 2013
Hi Chad,
You might have better luck finding a rental in your budget in the Parker or Littleton near Chatfield. Since you like the solitude you might want to focus on Parker. Craigslist and rentals.com have always been resources for finding rentals. I know all these areas pretty well and my children have gone to Chatfield and Thunder Ridge. You are more than welcome to message me directly if you would like to chat about any of these areas. I know you would like to make the right decision for your family. Best of luck to you.
I appreciate the responses. As of right now, the relocation is happening very fast, and purchasing just isn't an option. Later down the road that is my plan though. Looking for a rental at this time. I'll be working near Parker, but one of my main concerns is to get my son into one of the top High School wrestling programs. We're looking at Ponderosa High, Thunder Ranch, Chatfield, Heritage, Cherry Creek, Chaparrel and Arapahoe. Not really a subdivision family, like the solitude of the mountains, and apartments aren't great, but for the first year we'll survive. Only problem at this point is time, have a small window to get there, find something and then get started on the new job. Thanks again all!
Hey Chad, both Highlands Ranch and Parker are wonderful communities where you'll find the type of home you describe for under $300k in most cases. Just fyi though these homes often go under contact in one day. Whoever you choose to work with, do pick a real estate agent to begin sending you listings so you can become familiar with the types of homes available. My sister Kathy and I would love to help. My number is (303) 931-3629 or you can email me at Carrie@sampronsisters.com. Good luck and welcome to our beautiful state. Carrie
I appreciate the responses. As of right now, the relocation is happening very fast, and purchasing just isn't an option. Later down the road that is my plan though. Looking for a rental at this time. I'll be working near Parker but one of my main concerns is to get my son into one of the top High School wrestling
programs. We're looking at Ponderosa High, Thunder Ranch, Chatfield, Heritage, Cherry Creek Chaparrel and Arapahoe. Not really a subdivision family, like the solitude of the mountains, and apartments aren't great but for the first year we'll survive. Only problem at this point is time, have a small window to get there, find something and then get started on the new job. Thanks again all!
Flag Mon May 27, 2013
That is going to be very difficult for that price to find any units with much space and the bedroom count you are looking for. Highlands Ranch especially will be difficult. Buying should be less than rent if handled right and if you can get a good interest rate. Let me know if you would like to visit with a lender who can discuss a loan and possibly help you get ready. If renting is your only option, I also understand though I would say your best option might be to purchase and so if you can explore it, you may find many benefits. There is not a lot of options for rent and even not many for sale as the market has really gotten busy in the past 6 months.

Thanks.
Frank Nuebel