Rentals in West Oak Hill>Question Details

Sally Morin, Other/Just Looking in The Reserve At Slaug...

Relocating to Austin soon. Question; can a person find rental property with little or no rental history? Livnig in home of elderly parent who

Asked by Sally Morin, The Reserve At Slaughter Creek, Austin, TX Tue Mar 8, 2011

passed away. Have the finances to rent but no presnet rental history. Would this be a problem to rent or lease?

Answers

13
I do a lot of leasing in Austin. There is always a way to deal with various issues. A landlord or property management company will usually want a double deposit if there is no rental history. I will research the various properties that fit your criteria ahead of time and know what the requirements will be. My services are free to you as I am paid by the landlord. Austin is an awesome place to live and I would be happy to help you find the perfect place and have fun looking! You can also search for lease listings on my website at http://www.homesoftheheart.com.

Karen McCutcheon
512-466-5502
karen@homesoftheheart.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Mar 8, 2011
Hi Sally,

I'm in the Oak Hill area and work with lease clients frequently these days - the rental market is really booming and also very competitive for the best properties. I've dealt with this situation a couple of times, and the results vary greatly from one management company. The key factor has been employment in Austin and whether you have already located and are actively employed locally. I have had the experience that clients new to Austin with no employment ended up being forced to rent directly from an owner with a sign in the yard - not a property listed in the Multiple Listing Service - because the owner/landlord had less stringent qualifying guidelines and wanted to get the property leased without an agent or management company involved.

My best advice is to ACT QUICKLY if you see a house that interests you - likely it will be leased quickly!!

Call Me, if I can help! Best wishes,

Lisa Matthews
Broker Associate
512 431 8318
lisambroker@gmail.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Mar 8, 2011
Hi Sally,
A landlord or management company will evaluate several items on your application: 1) Your credit scores; 2) Your ability to pay (they typically look for a salary of 3X the monthly rent);3) Landlord verification or mortgage history.
If you do not have the mortgage or rental history, they will look at your credit, employment, and ability to pay. If you're a stay at home mom, retired, or independently wealthy, the landlord will ask for specific deposit or lease terms, such as first and last month's rent in addition to your security deposit, and increased security deposit, or both. Good luck, and let me know if you need any assistance!
Welcome to Austin Sally.
My condolences about your loss.
You'll have no problems locating a great place. Best of luck in your search.
If you need help, please keep me in mind.
There is always a way. If credit isn't right, up-front payment of 12 months (or some variation) can help. Key thing is to communicate any potential issues at the beginning. There are many landlords out there looking for good tenants. Always think about options, as there are many ways to write a deal.

Web Reference: http://www.crowehomes.com
It should not be an insurmountable problem. Some landlords may ask you to pay a few months rent in advance. You may need to write a letter explaining why you have no rental history. If I can assist you further just let me know.

Betina

Austin Home Girls Realty
Reinae Kessler - Broker
Having an income at 3 times the rent will determine what your rental price range should be. Not always is this an absolute factor. A property lease application completely and honestly filled out will get your through more doors. The lease application will allow the property owner and/or property manager to make a judgemental decision on your qualifications and ability to make a monthly rent payment.
Bringing along a pet will cut your available properties in half and it will cost much more upfront.

Call or email me if you have any questions.
I can search all of Austin and the surrounding area for properties for you.

Bill Friedrich
512-517-2961
billfriedrich@remax.net
I've specialized in leasing for many years and will be happy to assist you in finding a place to live! My service is free and I'll do the leg work for you, therefore your search will be hassle free.

Call me today at 512-423-8317.

Judy Willey, Licensed Real Estate Agent
FIRST CALL PROPERTIES
Hi, Sally,

It won't be a problem as long as you have a good credit history (score) and an prove income at least 3 times the rent. What kind of rental property will you be looking for (house, condo, duplex)? Are you familiar with Austin? Do you have a particular area in mind? When are you planning to be in Austin? If you contact me, we can discuss all these details and I can then send you some listings of rental properties that fit your criteria. We can also discuss what the leasing process involves (applications, security deposit, etc.)
Vivianne
512-554-5997
Hi Sally,

Your credit history will be the most important factor in deciding if they will accept your application. If your credit is good you will not have a problem.

Don Groff
REALTOR | Mortgage Broker
Keller Williams Realty | 360 Lending Group
512.669.5599
listings@dongroff.com
Hi Sally,
Many times an agent will have a relationship with the leasing agent and can explain the situation. Your credit history will vital as well. U specialize in helping people relocate to Austin so feel free to give me a call.
512-789-1871
Web Reference: http://www.austin55.com
Sally,

It should not be a problem, please send me an e-mail or call me and I will be happy to help...

Pamela Peck
KellerWilliams Realty
512-609-9877
pamela@kw.com
That should not be much of a problem as long as you don't have bad rental history. Talk to my colleague. He is in Austin and will do a really good job of finding you a suitable property for lease.

Ronnie Lopez, Realtor
Casa Grande
13740 Research Blvd #M2
Austin, TX 78750
Cell 512-576-1659
Fax 512-949-5059
http://www.ronnielopezrealestate.com