Rentals in Atlanta>Question Details

Flowers, Home Buyer in Las Vegas, NV

Relocating to ATL next month - Help!

Asked by Flowers, Las Vegas, NV Fri Aug 10, 2012

My husband, 2 young children and I are moving to Atlanta for work next month. The office is located in NW ATL zip 30339. We've heard that we need to avoid Hwy 285 for traffic. Where do we start looking for rentals? Safety and excellent schools being #1. Single family home for $2k or less. Prefer 4 bedrm. Would love a pool. Where should we start looking to stay within 15-20 min commute?

0 votes Share Flag Rentals in Atlanta

Answers

4
Bill Polack’s answer
Perhaps too, the Realtors can help you find a place inside I285 and you can drive against the flow of traffic. 285 is bad from 745am to 10am and 2pm to 730pm. So, if you work early hours, you may avoid bad traffic. What I'm getting at, is to focus on what you want and where you want to live and not focus on the traffic. Eventually, you'll learn back roads and be able to avoid 285, 75 and 400.
Don't buy a pool. Unless you lived in chicago and can handle cold water (if not heated), you'll only get to swim for about 3 and a half months. Get a hot tub instead. When you buy a house, you can install an "endless pool" for exercise and relaxation.
A 15-20 minute commute from 30339 with the limitation of 2000 per month and good schools limits your search to a radius of under 7 miles. A 20-30 minute commute expands the distance to 10-12 miles and opens up a larger range of properties, prices, schools. Send me an e-mail and I will send you a link that allows you to search for rental homes by radius from a location. Most attractive rentals lease within 4 weeks. Are you planning on committing to a place sight unseen or wait till you arrive to pick a place? My team has programs to work with both situations.

Bruce Ailion,
RE/MAX Greater Atlanta
An Atlanta Real Estate Expert Serving Clients Since 1979
RE/MAX Hall of Fame – REALTOR Phoenix Award
CRS, CRB, ABR, MSRE, CDPE, CIAS, e-PRO, ESQ
Certified Residential Specialist
Certified Real Estate Broker
Accredited Buyers Agent
MS Real Estate and Urban Affairs
Certified Distressed Property Expert
Certified Investor Agent Specialist
Certified Internet Professional
203K Certified Specialist
Attorney
2050 Roswell Road
Marietta GA 30062
404-978-2281 Direct
404-386-3682 Assistant Robin
678-760-6266 Buyer’s Agent Adam
770-973-9700 Office
bruce@locationlocationlocation.com
http://www.LocationLocationLocation.com
Vinings, east Cobb (Marietta) north of 1285 and east of 75, south of 120 loop is my advice. I can set you up on what's called a Listingbook acct so you can look online. I can also send you new listings daily. Feel free to email me at Lisaleases@hotmail.com or cal 770-547-2372
I would stick with rentals in the Teasley elementary school district of Smyrna, if schools are important - I would also look at rentals in the Morris Brandon and Warren Jackson elementary school districts of Atlanta.

Certainly, the Sope Creek elementary school district in east Cobb county also meets your location goal - if you just kept your search for the best options in thos 4 districts, you should find a 4 bedroom winner for $2K per month.

All of these options will enable surface street commutes to Vinings, without accessing 285...