Rentals in San Diego>Question Details

wildblue13, Renter in San Diego, CA

Relocating from NJ to San Diego. Will be in San Diego apartment hunting Feb 2014. Prefer to work with a realtor vs. Craigslist.

Asked by wildblue13, San Diego, CA Wed Dec 11, 2013

Visited San Diego in May 2013, would love to make it my home. I'm a veteran with outstanding credit. Can anyone help me?

Hi James, Not only am I a Realtor, but I am involved with the San Diego County Apartment Association, giving me access to over 110 property management companies representing 10's of thousands of rental properties throughout the county. Let me know when you are ready to relocate, and we can explore what will work best for you- location, cost and property "type"!

Meanwhile, each cold, snowy day you have in NJ- think about the fact that we are walking around in shorts and shirtsleeves in the sunshine today- and SOON that will be you too!

Patti Phillips
Richard Realty Group
Patti: I'll be in San Diego February. I'm looking for a 1bed/1bathroom to rent near San Diego, as safe a neighborhood as possible. I really want to make this happen. I'd have to return to NJ to settle affairs. Please let me know what I'd have to bring to qualify. Any questions? Merry Christmas, James
Flag Sat Dec 21, 2013
No Doubt! Lots of us would be happy to help. Unlike a lot of Realtors in the area I DO help tenants find homes to rent. Check out my website. You can search for just rentals in the advanced search. I also assist in lease negotiations.

J.R. Thrasher
Are you looking to rent or to buy?

Violeta Zimmerman
Realty Experts
In San Diego, realtors don't get too involved with leased properties and, as you know, Craigslist is a treacherous path. But...

Only a few rental properties are listed on the MLS and Craig seems to dominate the rental market. I own a couple of rental properties which hopefully won't be available anytime soon. But, I would be happy to talk to you, let you know about the various neighborhoods in San Diego, and give you some inside "scoop" on what to expect from a lease situation.

Give me a call when you have time.

Robert L. Boerner
Gecko Realty
Hi James,

I would love to help you make San Diego your home! I have worked in the mortgage business for 20 years and a licensed agent since 1999. Here's my contact information if you would like to chat... or office 619-997-9746. I also have a website.

Thanks and look forward to speaking with you soon.

Robin Smith
Real Living Real Estate
Hello James,
We should talk. I can get a search started for you right away. This will give you a feel for what you'll get in San Diego in terms of "bang for your buck." We do plenty of VA loans and are happy to help you there if you wish. Call me.
Larry Emlaw
Pacific Real Estate Associates
I would recommend going with a property managements company. They are licensed by the state, and specialize in rental property. Try a key word search for "property management San Diego"
Hi James,
Great choice San Diego! Are you going to use your VA loan? I work a lot with military personnel and Veterans. Feel free to call me or email me for info about areas in San Diego, I can send you a list of properties currently available.

Joe Corbisiero

Your Home is JUST a call away..

Let's close this deal together, I am a GREAT negotiator!

Get to know me:

The Re/Max Collection,DeSouza Select Properties:

# 1 Re/Max Team in San Diego County! Over 1,000 homes SOLD and counting! Top 100 Re/Max Team in the United States 2007,2008,2009,2010,2011,2012!

5530 La Jolla Blvd, La Jolla, (CA) 92037

Check out our websites: &

760-201-9252 (Mobile)
1-760-683-6471 (E Fax)

BRE License #01886351

Feel free to contact me when you get closer to your move-date. I will help you out!

​Sinead McAllister-Clifford
Real Estate Broker/ Realtor®

McAllister Homes Real Estate
Residential Sales & Property Management
License 01366009
858-205-5215 CELL EMAIL