Rentals in Jersey City>Question Details

khateeta, Home Owner in Jersey City, NJ

Relocating from MD. Looking for a 2Br apartment close to St Peters College under 2,300/mo.

Asked by khateeta, Jersey City, NJ Sat Sep 8, 2012

Bad credit report but I do have a good paying job and I am a home owner.

Answers

3
I may be the best person to help you. I own a condo in a building one block from St. Peters and have lived in this area for 15 years.

At your price range, you will have no problem finding an apartment. We will be upfront with credit issues as the other agents have suggested and we should be able to get you a great home. Please give me a call or send me an e mail and I will help you start the process. I can be reached at 201-780-6594 or diane@jerseyhomes.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Sep 8, 2012
Fortunately, you can still rent apartments even with not so great credit. You will most likely have to provide an employment verification letter and a few other easily attainable items. Most importantly is finding the right place that fits you needs. Jersey City is an extremely diverse city. Various forms of transportation are available throughout the city. Unless it's imperative that you relocate to the Journal Square area, there might be other areas of the city that might be attractive to you as well, all within an easy commute to St. Peter's College and still within your budget. Contact me to learn more about what this great city has to offer, and hopefully I can help with your relocating needs.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Sep 8, 2012
It's still possible with bad credit...your best bet is to show your cards...employment letter, explanation of why your credit's bad...tax records matching your name to the property address you own...
The landlord may require more rent up-front. At least your price point is realistic. The rents in Jersey City are climbing...
Feel free to contact me at your convenience...my profile is here within Trulia...
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Sep 8, 2012