Rentals in Seattle>Question Details

mmcclure817, Other/Just Looking in Seattle, WA

Relocating -and do not know where to start. What are the best places to look for families with middle school age children.?

Asked by mmcclure817, Seattle, WA Mon Feb 4, 2013

0 votes Share Flag Rentals in Seattle

Answers

10
lb’s answer
As everyone has mentioned, Seattle is indeed a very large area. If I were without children, I would definitely live in the core of downtown Seattle. I love being able to walk to just about everything! However, with a 13-year-old son, and my husband working in Redmond, the Eastside neighborhoods became our best option. The schools here are fantastic. I can't really help you narrow it down without having a lot more information about your family and lifestyle and what you're looking for, but I do wish you the best of luck. I don't know where you're coming from, but there is a lot to love about Seattle! Welcome :)
Mmcclure,
I just realized I had a resource that may help you. While the whole NW is generally a friendly, quirky place, Sammamish was recently labled The Friendliest Town in America, by Forbes Magazine. Take a look at my link below and consider if this would be good for you.
Are you looking to rent or buy ?
Welcome! I would also consider Bainbridge Island, depending on how far work is outside of downtown. The schools are the top in the state and many people prefer the ferry commute over sitting in traffic: http://bit.ly/XQk70R
Mmcclure,
Welcome to the Northwest. I have one currently in middle school and 2 that are past that. We've lived on the eastside of Seattle, in Sammamish the past 23 years. Schools, recreational opportunities, sports, music, drama, martial arts, beaches & parks are all great and readily available.
If there are specific things you hope to find for your kids, let us know and we can make more suggestions.
Hi mmcclure817,

In my experience, most people start by picking a radius from their work location - usually 20 to 45 minutes. A good place to start your research is http://www.buyandsellseattlerealestate.com because there is a search function and readily available maps. Once you set up a preliminary search, you can click on a tab called "Market Insider". This tab has school reports, demographic reports, and other valuable information.

At my web site, http://www.karenmcknight.com , you can find a lot of great information under my "About the Area" button.

If you like, I can snail mail you a book about the Seattle area and it's various towns and sites to see.

Good luck in your research,
Karen
This post has been logged under rentals. Are you planning to rent and then buy?
Run a search for Seattle Schools and you'll find a descriptions of them all. Here is a link to third party site: http://www.greatschools.org/washington/seattle/
The mix of schools and amenities make it nearly impossible for us to recommend one over the other because each person's priorities are so different.
The link below is to my own website and you'll see that relocation and rentals are a part of my business plan. Please contact me through that website if you'd like personalized service and you are in fact relocating within the Seattle city limits.
Web Reference: http://www.nwhome.us
There is no single answer to your question. Do you want to live in Seattle? If an urban lifestyle is important, then there are some good schools in the north part of the city. Neighborhoods like Green Lake, Ravenna, and Laurelhurst are popular. However, some of the best schools are in neighboring cities of Mercer Island, Bellevue, and Issaquah. All these cities are a short commute from Seattle. Seattle demographics are changing rapidly, and the average age of residents is younger. Seattle also has a reputation as a city for singles, and not as family-oriented as the 'burbs. If looking to relocate outside of Seattle, pay attention to commuting distance. Seattle is among the worst cities in the nation when it comes to work commutes. I'm a native of Seattle. I'm happy to answer any questions you may have and help guide you in the right direction.
As a Mother of 4 - grandmother of 7 now our NW region is spilling over with great communities choose to live near work and enjoy what is only once in your children's life. Participate in school activity show up often you and your family can have the best experience near your office. I live near Garfield High School love living 7 miles from my office
I live in Kenmore, on the north end of Lake Washington. Kenmore was chosen by Family Circle Magazine as one of the best 10 cities in the United States 2 years to live in. I totally agree. There are so many wonderful things about this town. Contact me directly & I would be happy to share more about it..

Good luck to you in any case,
Jirius Isaac
Isaac Real Estate Team
Champions Real Estate Services
TriStar Finance #MLO-107799
Office: 425-483-6849 Cell: 206-841-9976
Winner of Seattle Magazines 5 Star
Real Estate Agent Best in Client Satisfaction Award
Mortgage Loan Originator Best in Client Satisfaction