Rentals in Houston>Question Details

Alex Ray V, Other/Just Looking in

Relocated with problems

Asked by Alex Ray V, Sat May 4, 2013

I relocated to Houston and couldn't find a place and am living with relatives paying them rent now their situation has changed and they want me out by the end of may I don't have the money for a large deposit for a place to stay but I need at least a three bedroom have my girls enrolled in cyfair schools and like it out here but I work near reliant stadium am trying to find a place in cyfair or pearland that reasonable and will work with us on deposits any advice

0 votes Share Flag Rentals in Houston

Answers

6
Al Geffon’s answer
Alex ...

I'll need a little more information before I can help. If you'll send me your e-mail address, I can forward the Residential Lease Application used by members of the Texas Association of Realtors. You'll be able so see just what you need in terms of paperwork and documentation. If all else is favorable, some landlords will allow us to establish a payment schedule for the security deposit ... i.e. rent plus a given amount each month until satisfied.

A couple of other questions ...

What is your budget?
Are there any pets?
Does anyone smoke?
Are there any credit or prior landlord/tenant issues?

If you can answer these in the negative, so much the better. Please get in touch. I'm sure we can find a home that will work for you. I look forward to your reply.

Al Geffon
(713) 213-6350
al@geffon.net
Web Reference: http://www.har.com/algeffon
Hello Alex, sorry to hear you are in a dilemna. Have you found something yet? I can also help you with apartments if you are open to that, but need to know your budget so I can check on that and the availability. I know of a brand new apartment complex in Cy-fair, but again want to make sure that the location is okay for you.

Generally, a single family home rental will request a full month's deposit, but an apartment will not necessarily do so. What is your current location where you live - it might help you if we find something in the same area as you are in now, since you are familiar with it.

You can reach me at the contact information below.

Persis
713-294-7747
persis.realtor@gmail.com
Hi Alex

Regret to hear of the issues.

Many landlords will allow you to spread the Deposit over a few months, but

You have to qualify on FICO, and earnings.

Perry
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat May 4, 2013
Hello Alex,

I work and live in Northwest area particularly Cy-Fair and I would be happy to assist you in finding a place. You stated that you are looking for an affordable place....what is your price range?

FYI: My office is near the Medical Center so I am quite familiar with most of Southeast and Southwest Houston as well including Pearland.

You can reach me at 832-293-5385.

Ramonica Caldwell
ramonicasellshomes@gmail.com
http://www.har.com/ramonicacaldwell
http://www.facebook.com/ramonicasellshomes
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat May 4, 2013
I agree with Bobbie with rental and job history. Good credit scores will help you too. I suggest you select a Realtor to work with in the area you wish to live. Realtors can look at listing history and those properties that have been on the market for awhile may have landlords more willing to be flexible with deposits.

Karen Collins, Broker Associate
Peggy West Properties
karen@peggywest.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat May 4, 2013
Depending on your rental and job history, a landlord may allow you to split up payments on the deposits. It is a case-by-case scenario.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat May 4, 2013