Rentals in Dallas>Question Details

Skyles, Renter in San Antonio, TX

Question about rental in Dallas area with bad credit but new, high paying job?

Asked by Skyles, San Antonio, TX Sun Sep 2, 2012

I've been in one of those extended stay hotels, because NO ONE will rent to me, without a double deposit and in a few cases, first and last month's rent upfront. While in my previous home, was using unemployment and college financial aid to cover the $1450. My credit has always been bad, with the exception of a decent stint in the mid 700s in 2010. So in additon to being rejected for being in student status, the bad credit score hasn't helped, though I have no evictions or issues with pass rentals. I've just received confirmation that I've been selected for government position in Dallas, making a little over $92K. Will I still encounter the same issues? Just wondering, in case I need to find a local extended stay hotel because I am NOT paying a double deposit AND first and last months rent upfront. I just got out of the military and never,ever had such issues while in uniform, though my credit and rental history was exactly the same. What are my chances of renting in the Dallas area un

0 votes Share Flag Rentals in Dallas

Answers

15
My Lenders offer FHA loans that require a 580 score, Conventional require a 620.. I can refer you to an agent to help you find a home and a Lender or two that can get you pre approved.

2 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Sep 28, 2013
Your chances of renting in Dallas area is good if you are accompanied by the company named EZ Lease Rentals. I used to be in your situation before - my credit history has always been bad but that didn't mean I'm sleeping in the streets by now. I just submitted a few requirements needed to fix my credit and the company just checked my VOE (Verification of Employment), income and criminal background history (if it's clean). They are now my co-signer. I'm living now in a nice apartment with their help.
I'm sure you are already renting now but I would suggest that you start improving your credit if you haven't done so. Let me know if you need a name or two to help you improve your credit.

Take care,
Susie Kay, Realtor®
GRI, CHMS, SFR
Residential/Commercial/Investment
English-Indonesian-Hokkien
------------------------------------------------------------------
United Real Estate
III Lincoln Centre, 5430 LBJ Freeway #280
Dallas, TX 78240
469-371-2899
susie_k@att.net
http://www.dfwdreamhomes.net

Servicing your real estate need is my priority!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Jun 10, 2013
Here are details of a property in that may work for you

http://www.dfwlandlord.com/NTREIS/listing.asp?listnum=11878619
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Jan 11, 2013
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 23, 2012
I am the broker/owner of Uptown Locators. I have a team of agents that can help you right away. Feel free to email me directly or check out the rentals available on http://www.uptownlocators.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Sep 3, 2012
Do you have any short term rentals? Just so I can get settled into the area and start my job. Making 92K, my goal is to set aside the first few paychecks IOT put down a double deposit or multiple months rent or whatever for a nicer, bigger, long term rental house until I'm able to buy.
Flag Wed Sep 5, 2012
You get better chances renting in Dallas if you ask the help of a company that deals with people with bad credit but needing to rent a place. I suggest EZ Lease Rentals because I have tried them personally and they've been great. I was able to pick my apartment of my choice. You just need to submit some requirements and looking at your income, you'll get approved for sure.
I am the owner of PlanoApartmentLocators.com and we have agents that will help you with a list of apartments as well as give you a free move or up to $500 to help you get started in your new apartment. Feel free to email me directly or check out the rentals available on http://www.planoapartmentlocators.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Dec 21, 2012
Don't give up there is someone out there that has common sense and will see that you are a decent person that will pay your rent! I found a great little house that has been renovated in Grapevine and the owner did not check my credit or charge me an application fee.
Here's hoping I have similar luck-nothing so far though.
Flag Wed Sep 5, 2012
First off, thank you so much for your service to our nation! I too am a veteran, I retired from the Army after serving 24 years. It seems as if the income from your new job will help your situation; however, I would highly suggest getting some help through credit counseling; however, beware, there may be some credit repair agencies with the goal of digging into your pocket versus helping you.
I have been doing apt locating for many years and as long as you don't owe another property debt or hace an eviction then I can find you a place asap! They can work with the credit with a double deposit usually. Call me and I send you to my site where you can search your self or I will do a customized one for you! Thanks
#1: You need a credible Realtor to assist you. #2: Prepare a very accurate and transparent letter of explanation about your credit history and the challenges you have faced and submit it with the application. If you can pass a background check, you should have greater success being upfront about the credit issues. Unless, you have had blatant evictions and a history of not paying debts even when you have had income, you should increase you chances to be approved substantially. Also, demonstrate how you have been making timely payments to the extended stay hotel and any other monthly payments such as cell phone bill, etc. I'm glad to discuss this with you at no obligation. YOU DO NOT PAY ME. IT'S FREE TO YOU.
~ I Specialize in Dallas Rentals & Apartment Locator

Recommend an apartment less of expense for deposit We do a cash back rebate up to $500 FREE MONEY to you write my name.

Lynn911 Dallas Realtor & Consultant, Credit Repair Advisor
Multimillion Dollar Sales Producer
972-699-9111
http://www.lynn911.com

Follow me on Facebook
http://www.facebook.com/lynn911dallas
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 2, 2012
I am sure that when you show proof of your new job you will be able to rent an apartment no problem. I am not sure what the terms will be but, hey you will be making good money. =-)

Just pick any Realtor of your choice and go get your new place.

Kenny
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 2, 2012
The double deposit route may be the only way. Rentals are in high demand, allowing landlords to be more selective. If you sign a longer lease you might be able to stipulate that a portion of the security deposit be returned after the first year if you've had a good track record of paying them on time.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 2, 2012