Rentals in Austin>Question Details

mkoorie, Renter in Austin, TX

Professional relocating from Houston needs rental property.

Asked by mkoorie, Austin, TX Sun Jul 1, 2012

I was recently hired at a company in SE Austin near the airport. My girlfriend and I, and our two dogs (20lb boston terrier & 60lb black lab) will be moving in the next two weeks. I need to find a suitable 3BR 2BA for under $1800/mo. We've looked online at some neighborhoods in SW Austin, liked some of the homes and need a realtor for that area.

Also, does anyone have any recommendations of some neighborhoods that are safe and quite, and won't be horrible to get to SE Austin for an 8-5 job? Doesn't have to be in SW, open to some suggestions.

0 votes Share Flag Rentals in Austin

Answers

7
please don't move here, the place is already WAY over-crowded, and really... we don't need any more people from somewhere else coming here...clogging the roads, and buying or renting homes in areas that should have never been developed.

What's wrong with where you are now?

Please, just stay there..Austin, Inc. is no longer as cool and neat and beautiful and friendly as it used to be...before a hundred thousand other "family's" just like your's moved in and destroyed the place for those of us who have lived here our whole lives.
Go to Dallas, or Houston...you will like them much better...trust me. there are too many gangs, and bums, and drug dealers here..it's just not safe any more.
Hi -

My brokerage is the #1 relocation agency in Austin. Every month we help dozens and dozens of people move into Austin.

With your criteria, I could find a ton of places for you to live.

If you want to work with a South Austin neighborhood expert, give me a call - I can show you properties as soon as tonight.

Eric
Eric@EricEstate.com
512.712.5842
http://www.EricEstate.com
Welcome to Austin! As noted by others, the Austin rental market is low on inventory and high on demand.
Doesn't sound like you have a lot of extra time to spend chasing down leads of places for lease only to find they have already been rented, won't accept your pets or do not meet your needs.
So leave this to the professionals...at no cost to you!
Please feel free to contact me at 512-626-9885 and we can discuss your criteria. I will confirm the properties that meet your needs are still available and show them to you at your convenience. I can provide the necessary paperwork for you and GF to apply for the places you like.
I look forward to hearing from you.

Anita Dallas
Habitat Hunters Real Estate Services
E: anita@habitathunters.com
C/T: 512-626-9885
O: 512-482-8651
F: 512-482-8656
503 W. 30th St. Austin TX 78705
Welcome to Austin!
Our leasing market is historically high in occupancy at this time, so it helps greatly to have an agent who knows the area of your interest and can do the research about your lab, availiabilities on your move~in date, etc. It would be great to talk with you to get a little more knowledge about what you really want in a place to call home. Needs?... washer / dryer needs, parking, sq. ft. for your furnishings, schools, etc. Give me a call and we can catch up on your desires!

Take care,
Lisa Payne
Central City Properties
512.299.2257
One of the problems that you're likely to encounter while searching online, is the ability to discriminate regarding pets, type, size etc. For instance, pet sizes are listed in the MLS system and a 60 lb dog will reduce what you can approach to rent, 35 lbs. is considered a medium sized dog. I can send you homes that fit what you're looking for, if you contact me. Please feel free to do so. I do a lot of leasing and have helped many people do so.
I would also like to add: at $1800/month, there are a great number of excellent homes in 78745 that would be very convenient to your work, and would also be very nice to live in. At that price point you can get a house that has been upgraded, minimal carpet, nice kitchen, et cetera in that neighborhood.
Hi there!

I am an expert in leasing in the Austin area. Southwest is a fantastic area to find a house with a yard for your dogs, and it is a safe and comfortable neighborhood as well.

Have a look at my website to learn a little about me and search for homes in that area:
http://www.lilyshomes.com

When will you be available to look in person?