Rentals in Aurora>Question Details

fblough, Home Buyer in Aurora, CO

Possibily looking to moving to Aurora area from New Jersey; what are the nicest areas?

Asked by fblough, Aurora, CO Sun Jun 23, 2013

0 votes Share Flag Rentals in Aurora

There are many great areas in Aurora. Which one works for you depends on what your needs are that develop the guidelines for your search. If you have children and need a good school system, need to be close to the freeways for travel, where you will be working, etc. Beyond that of course your price range will establish the ultimate parameters of your search. The answers and areas below are great, but once your needs are established, we can begin to do the process of elimination to find the right community and the 'right' home for you. Welcome to Colorado!!

Robert McGuire
Your Castle Realestate
Depends on price range and proximity to one's employer (don't want to be in traffic all day). My favorite is the Saddle Rock - Tallyn's Reach - Beacon Point area. Schools, parks & trails, Cherry Creek reservoir, newer communities, shopping & dining, Southlands Mall, character of the community, local events, and relatively easy to get to Parker, DTC, Meridian, Inverness, airport, Park Meadows Mall ....
My wife and I moved from NYC back in the mid eighties. We made a few trips and explored north to south Westminster, Arvada, Thornton to Denver, littleton, Highlands Ranch, Castle Rock (and east to west. ( Aurora, Parker, Denver, Lakewood) At that time there wasn't a city called Centennial, it was actually part of Aurora.) We decided on Aurora South Areas and the place we moved to eventually became Centennial.

We wanted to be within 30 minutes of the airport (Stapleton). We liked the mountains but knew we aren’t really hikers, climbers, fishing, hunting or camping type of people and being about an hour to hour and a half from the mountains was okay with us. Also at that time I wasn’t a real estate agent and looked at communting, didn’t want to commute towards the sun in the morning or after work. The sun is really really bright out here.
We were interested in schools so that played a part in our decision. We felt public schools on the east side of Denver , Aurora, Parker would suit us better.

The Diversity of activities, people, shopping, restaurants and other amenities has grown considerably since we moved here.

Hope that gives you some info to go on. If you need more specifics please feel free to respond. Have a wonderful day. Oh by the way, we have lived here for over 25 years now and I became a full time REALTOR in 1990.
I've lived in the Southeast Aurora area for most of the last 25 years. My husband took a transfer to Orlando for one year, when we transferred back to Denver our daughter was about to start school. Our Son went through all of his school years in the Cherry Creek schools including Eagle Crest High School. We wanted our Daughter in Rolling Hills, Falcon Creek and Grandview. She is now going into tenth grade at Grandview. We couldn't be more pleased with this area and these schools. The area of homes I am in were built in the 1990's, the trees and lawns are mature now. Many of the neighborhoods have community pools, tennis courts and trails. You can jump on the bike path by my house and ride it to Cherry Creek Reservoir, the Denver Tech Center and to Downtown Denver. My Daughter and I have rode our bikes from the nearby Light Rail station to downtown Denver many times. We like to have lunch downtown and catch the light rail back. I have Golden Retrievers and take them over to the nearby Dog Park at Cherry Creek Reservoir. This is not like most dog parks, it's enormous. I would have to look it up, but I think it's on a lot of acres with numerous trails for the dogs to run on and a nice river area during the spring for them to splash in. We are pretty dry here right now and the water is disappearing. I am taking them to Chatfield to swim in the lake later today. Many of the neighborhoods are walking distance to libraries, stores and restaurants. I am selling a lot of brand new homes in the Tallyns Reach, Beacon Point, Southlands area. Due to the lack of inventory of resale homes the new home builders are building like crazy in this area. Many buyers are focusing in on the new High School Cherokee Trails. You can still get homes with views of the lake (reservoir)...which in Colorado is a very rare thing. The Aurora Reservoir is beautiful, it does not allow gas engines, therefore it's quiet and clean. There's a great beach area that you can walk to from some of the neighborhoods like Beacon Point and Southshore. My daughter took some classes at Cherokee Trails and I would walk over to the picnic tables at the lake and read while waiting for her. There's an 8 mile trail around the lake. You will find a lot of very active young professionals in this area. Many tri-athletes who can run, swim and bike right out their back doors. One of my Buyers right now is very excited to move to this area as she is into volleyball having played in the 1990's for the U.S. Team. Sorry for writing a book here, with you being from out of state, I thought it might help. Remember if you go for having a home built that a Realtor can be of lots of help. Three of the four homes that I've Sold in the last few months, I have gotten $3,000 to $5,000 in extras for our Buyers from the builders. Extras are rare these days because the builders know that if our buyers don't buy the next person through the door will. It's very much a Sellers market in the area. Also the builders in this area do not give a discount for not using a Realtor. I work with my Son, we are a Top Producing Mom/Son Team. Let me know if we can answer any more questions for you. My Son also bought a home in this area with his Wife. We all love it here.

Sandy Kinslow
Key Real Estate Group LLC
303 596-4147
Thank-you so much for the thorough response! You gave me a lot of useful information. I am in the process of selling my home; will be under contract this week. It has always been my dream to settle in Colorado. I work for a national firm and am going to look into what options I have out there. Are there any rent to own options in your area?

Flag Sun Jun 23, 2013
I am partial to the South Aurora area, as the area offers many newer neighborhoods, and they are near Aurora Reservoir(… ). If you are school sensitive, I recommend researching the Cherry Creek school district. There is a fantastic outdoor mall in the area, check out for more information. I live and work in South Aurora, and would be happy to share more information with you, so contact me if I can be of assistance. All the best!
There are some really beautiful areas in Aurora. If you like views or access to water, Beacon Point or the Cove are near the Aurora Reservior, residents here have walking access into the reservior and some have nice views. Tallyn's Reach is a lovely community with large trees and mountain views. Just south of Aurora is Parker and ther are some beautiful new homes in the Bluffs that are in a heavily treed area with views. If you are thinking about a visit, you can give me a call and I can spend a couple of days showing you the different areas. This is a wonderful place to live.Colleen 303.668.8186