Rentals in Hayward Highland>Question Details

Clara Wise, Real Estate Pro in NY,

Please call Clara Wise owner states from email they sent me they out of country they wanted me to send the deposit and then they would send me the key

Asked by Clara Wise, NY, Mon Feb 3, 2014

Answers

3
Clara - be "Wise" and run away from this scam of a rental!...... It is a fake!..... Do NOT SEND MONEY. This is a scam...... The scammers say they cannot show you the home for some reason they make up.....and ask you to wire money for keys - do not fall for it!!!!..... The rental amount seems to good to be true..... because it isn't true! In the future, make sure you know you are dealing with the legitimate owner or landlord..........use an agent for verification. best wishes.......
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Feb 3, 2014
Glad you didn't send them any money!!! Yeaaa for you! best wishes............
Flag Mon Feb 3, 2014
Okay I thought so Thank You
Flag Mon Feb 3, 2014
This is a scam ... run in the opposite direction ...
Hallmarks of a typical on-line rental scam:
1. Rent is lower than it should be for the subject property.
2. Property cannot be seen
3. Because the owner is out of state or out of the country. Just drive by and peak in the windows.
4. Sent money (wire good funds, no personal checks) and the keys will be mailed to you.
Often accompanied by a story that the owner had to relocate suddenly and they are looking for a good family to watch over their beloved house until they return…thus the low rent.

Also, watch out for similar scams in which the “landlord” wants you to fill out a rental application which provides information of a personal nature which the scammer can use to steal your identity.