Rentals in Broomfield>Question Details

jmmcg1959, Renter in Broomfield, CO

Our lease expires at the end of September. I have requested to re-sign another lease, but haven't heard back. What time frame do they have to give us?

Asked by jmmcg1959, Broomfield, CO Thu Aug 29, 2013

Answers

4
A lot of leases automatically go month-to-month after the lease has been completed. Definitely follow up with your landlord because rentals are very limited right now.
Jmmcg,

As noted, check the language in your lease as to the time you must give notice. Be persistent, time is nt on your side if you will need to move. The Denver area rental market is very tight right now. You may have a provision in your lease to go month to month at the same terms until you a new lease in place. Good luck in getting this worked out.

Robert McGuire
Broker/Consultant
Your Castle Real Estate
http://about.me/robertmcguire33
If the lease expires and the landlord wants to terminate, he doesn't need to give you any notice. However, it is normally communicated to the tenant. 30 days notice is very common but your lease agreement should indicate how long. Many lease agreement says, "it will automatically be renewed as month to month after lease term expires if neither side gives notice." So I would recommend referring to your lease agreement. If you haven't heard back from your landlord, try following up via e-mail and phone call.
Read your current lease. It is up to the landlord if they want to sign another lease. Good luck.