Rentals in Monterey Hills>Question Details

Usc Newbie, Renter in Monterey Hills, Los...

New to LA area and need help finding a decent place to rent. Paying $1425 for 2 bdrms in Monterey Hills home (90042) and want a cheaper place, help!!

Asked by Usc Newbie, Monterey Hills, Los Angeles, CA Fri Dec 2, 2011

Im new to LA and took a job at USC's health science campus (90033). My husband & I rent 2 bedrooms in a 4 bedroom home in Monterey Hills/Highland Park area (90042) and pay just over $1400. The house is riddled with problems (ants, roommates screaming pet, cheap construction, etc) and I think we can find something that is cheaper and of better quality. I would like to move somewhere else that is cheaper, but also functional for our needs (i.e. - close to work, need washer/dryer in unit or hookup, fridge, parking for 2 cars, safe). Can anyone suggest some areas that would accommodate us and be cheaper than what we are currently paying? I don't know many people to ask around here to ask and don't know of the different neighborhoods either. Thanks in advance.

Answers

5
Judith Unzner’s answer
I know of a lovely condo in Playa del Rey with a bedroom suite with bath available. Two other very nice female roommates. Email me if you are interested and we can discuss.
rvt@herburger.net
Since you are working at USC's Health Science Campus, the first thing you should do is to contact USC's housing department which can be a resource for rental opportunities for you and your husband.

If that source cannot provide properties that will meet your needs, you may want to consider rentals in University Hills, El Sereno Hills, and Alhambra. As others have noted here, westsiderentals.com as well as Craigslist.org are good resources for rental listings. Try to drive by listings first to make certain you are comfortable with the neighborhood.

Hope these suggestions help. Please feel free to contact me if you have further questions.

Meredith McKenzie
California Broker #01142186
1660 Hillhurst Avenue
Los Angeles, CA 90927

323-300-1110 - Direct
323-230-9749 - Cell
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Dec 2, 2011
Hello. There is a website called westsiderentals that could help you in your search. Also check out craigslist. Depending on the area around LA you should be able to get a better price than 1400.

Joshua
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Dec 2, 2011
I get you. There are two places to hunt for rentals. The MLS based ones and those that are with individual management companies. This link will give you access to the MLS based ones.
Web Reference: http://Paris911.com/rent
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Dec 2, 2011
Great questions, I will just need a bit more information from you. Please call or email as soon as you can.
DJ Bonner
562-572-4203
djbonner@KW.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Dec 2, 2011