Rentals in 40217>Question Details

bev1739, Renter in 40217

Need to break lease.

Asked by bev1739, 40217 Mon Jul 30, 2012

I need handicapped acessibility and I need to know if va disability or social security disability can be attached when I break lease...

0 votes Share Flag Rentals in 40217

Answers

2
He says if I break lease he'll attach my bank account (I've already moved my money) and I just wanted to know if he can legally touch VA disability and Social Security disability?
Have you tried to simply write a letter to your Landlord explaining the situation;
Everything does not have to be confrontational.
He said he'd attach our bank account...I've already moved my money....also, the ceiling fell in the living room in May due to bad roof...he patched roof 1st of June and hasn't been back and left enormous mess in yard from old roofing..I had housing inspector out and she gave him untill 7-20 to fix many problems with property,,,I have taped off living room due to holes in ceiling and exposed attic and insulation hanging down...Inspector hasn't returned calls and I have sent landlord certified letters and he called and said he NEVER accepts certified letters....I would love not to be confrontational, but 3 months is long enough to wait to use the largest room in the house and he won't lower rent either...we haven't been able to have company as we moved furniture into dining room and stacked stuff on top of each other..we now eat in bedroom where we moved table and chairs..I just want to know if he can attach disability money....
Flag Mon Jul 30, 2012