Rentals in Houston>Question Details

Jaclynmontoya, Home Buyer in Houston, TX

Need help! Looking for a 3 br 2 ba near Valley Oaks Elem. Houses, Apt, or townhouse.Disabled on SSI, accepts broken lease, need something affordable.

Asked by Jaclynmontoya, Houston, TX Fri Dec 28, 2012

0 votes Share Flag Rentals in Houston

Help the community by answering this question:


Hi Jaclyn,
If you haven't decided on a realtor, I need a little more information on the broken lease. When did it occur, what was the reason for the broken lease and how much do you owe the property. This will help me in order to assist you better.
Debra Zamarron
City West Realty
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Dec 28, 2012
Hello Jaclyn, when do you need to move? I can check if there is anything available given your situation. What is your maximum rental budget? Please email the broken lease detail and any other pertinent information to help me help you.

0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Dec 28, 2012
Jaclyn ...

I always advise individuals with credit and/or rental history issues to deal directly with the owners. You can find rental ads on Craigslist or in the local "green sheets." Landlords who advertise without an MLS listing tend to be a bit more flexible when dealing directly with potential tenants, especially if the property has been vacant for a while. For the most part, owners who list their homes with Realtors expect us to screen the applicants, and generally insist upon a clean rental history. We are permitted to contact previous landlords, and owners want us to do so. In your instance, you may be required to pay a higher rent, the first and last in advance, and/or a larger security deposit. Don't be surprised by the "sticker shock." I wish you well.

Al Geffon
(713) 213-6350
Web Reference:
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Dec 28, 2012
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Home > Texas > Harris County > Houston > Rentals in Houston > Question
Copyright © 2015 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer