Rentals in Charlotte>Question Details

Peter Quiros, Other/Just Looking in

Need a realtor. Young family (with a 3 year old) moving from Florida (westchase) Tampa area to Charlotte in Jan 2013.

Asked by Peter Quiros, Thu Nov 1, 2012

Looking for a great family friendly community, plenty of family activites, safe with A rated schools. Going to visit charlotte Nov 16 to 18 and need to find a house with min 4 bedrooms in a community. Will be working in north charlotte area. Need a realtor with vast knowledge of charlotte to lead us in the right direction to live. Ballantyne, huntersville? Budget around $2000 per month.

Answers

17
Two great areas to choose from when coming to Charlotte. The Huntersville area has a great spot for shopping, dining and residential living called Birkdale Village. The perks of Birkdale and surrounding communities is it puts you within close proximity of Lake Norman if your family is looking for lake access and amenities it can provide. It is also extremly comparable to the Ballantyne Village area(Minus Lake Norman) in South Charlotte.
Also, check out http://www.ncreportcards.org/src/ it is a great website to start researching schools to determine which ones are a good fit for you and your family.
My team and I would be happy to assist you into your temporary home while you determine what other potential are as might be a good fit for you. If you have any more questions about the area and other comparable "burrows" of Charlotte please feel free to reach out!
Nick Baker
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Nov 2, 2012
I don't know why I'm responding here. I'm not a realtor but I live in huntersville. I would suggest mountain island in NW Charlotte and Davis lake in N Charlotte. I have friends in both. Great families in both developments. Also I would shoot for a smaller home your first year until you get familiar with the area. We moved here from Lakeland 3 years ago and we love it! Good luck.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Nov 2, 2012
Flag Fri Nov 2, 2012
Hello Peter, glad to hear you are making your way to the Charlotte area. I think you & your family will be happy here. My family & I moved here from upstate NY about 7 years ago. I remember the feeling you must be experiencing - clicking all over the internet for information about schools, jobs, health care, shopping, etc. Then we visited and explored for ourselves. We ended up in Union County because we wanted to have good schools for our (then 5 & 3 aged) children. We bought a house immediately since we had already researched and learned we wanted to live in Matthews or Indian Trail area. We are in Indian Trail & find it to be a great place to live & raise our kids.

Check out my profile on Trulia if you would like to get to know me just a bit, see what others have said. I agree with one of the other Realtors who said earlier to you that you may want to buy instead of rent. You will have a much lower monthly housing expense, and have probably more choices. Good luck!!
Jen Masucci
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Nov 2, 2012
In case you haven't set up appointments yet, please give me a call. I would love to help with your homesearch. 980-307-3211 - Many thanks, Martina
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Nov 3, 2012
Hi Peter!

Please call or e-mail me directly so I can help guide you in the right direction. I grew up in Huntersville but now live in South Charlotte so I know the entire area like the back of my hand. Given the things we discuss, I will be able to best assess your lifestyle and needs to determine the best location for you and your family.

John Siddons
704-458-1843
John.Siddons@prucarolinas.com
http://www.johnsiddons.com
With today's low interest rates and array of programs, you might be amazed to find that you could actually BUY instead of rent! At least check it out. Give me a call and lets check out the possibilities for free! Knowing is better than not knowing! Get pre qualified for a mortgage! Home ownership is so sweet.

Montressa Barbee
704-367-7643
Hi Peter,

Tampa to Charlotte, NC covers a great distance...hundreds of miles. Are you possible speaking of the area between Tampa and Port Charlotte, Florida? The area covered with this option makes much more sense.

Good morning Peter,

You will get more house for your money in Huntersville or the University area. Ballantyne has great shopping and restaurants but is more congested at times of work commute. There are some well liked elementary schools in both locations. I think that Highland Creek, Davis Lake, Wynfield, Birkdale, Macaulay, The Hamptons, Northstone, Lexington, Bluestone Harbor, Jetton Cove, Latta Springs are great neighborhoods to visit. There are many more in Charlotte metro.

If you contact me personally, then I will send you a sampling of rentals and purchases. To find out more about the schools go to ncreportcard.org or greatschools.org. The parks and libraries in Mecklenburg county are outstanding. You can visit my blog on trulia to see the park posts.

Robin Faison, realtor
Peter,
I know I am biased, but living in the the Lake Norman area since 2005 has made me that way. I feel that after your family has been living in Tampa near the Gulf you will enjoy being near the water here as well. We have rental properties and homes for sale within your buget. Our team will glad to assist you.

Tim Queen
Lake Norman Realty
email: tim@reallknliving.com
web site: http://www.reallknliving.com
peter,

there is a lot of options out there for you. the sooner you can go out and look for one and lock one up the better. The rental market in the Charlotte area is a very hout market right now. I would welcome the opportunity to help you out in coming to Charlotte......

feel free ot e-mail or call me and i would be happy to start sending you a list of homes avalialble out there.

Dave diCecco
Realtor/Broker
Coldwell Banker United
http://www.davedicecco.com
Have you thought about buying a home instead of renting? I know that many folks feel that they can't qualify for a mortgage in this market, especially if there are any questionable items on the credit report. I recently had this happen with a past buyer that thought he would never own a home - now he is happily in his own home. I would love to help you explore this avenue.

There are definitely great areas to live in , with great schools, in the area that you mention. I personally live in South Charlotte and have for over 20 yrs. I would love to help you in your move to Charlotte. Feel free to visit our website: http://www.PropertiesinCharlotte.com.

Please contact me at 704-451-3895.

Debbie Arriero, Broker/Owner
Arriero Realty, Inc.
704-451-3895
http://www.propertiesinCharlotte.com
View our rental at 9667 Ravenscroft Ln, listed for $1800 per month. Great location and has plenty of amenities. Our website is http://www.Metrolina-Realty.com. Please let me know if this property fits your needs. If not we can assist you finding the property of your choice.
Im looking to rent. My budget is $2000 per month. Looking for community with Pool, playground, etc
Hi Peter,

Are you looking to rent or purchase? We specialize in home finder services and would welcome the opportunity to assist you whether renting or purchasing. Please contact us at your convenience.
(Appeared on HGTVs House Hunters)
Would love to help you guys. Please call me tomorrow as I have a few questions. I am with one of the best agencies in Charlotte!
As a mortgage lender, I have a number of excellent realtor partners you can speak with. I can also help you with the preapproval process.

Dana Meadows
704-763-9728
I would be more than happy to help you. Please call my contact information and I can create a plan to meet your needs. -Adam Gardner | 5 Points Realty | 704.651.5663