Rentals in New York>Question Details

bnally62191, Home Buyer in New York, NY

Need a 2 bedroom, one bathroom. No more than $1,600/month. Only in Manhattan.

Asked by bnally62191, New York, NY Sat Mar 23, 2013

0 votes Share Flag Rentals in New York

Answers

12
Please call me. My name is Tanuja and I can be reached at 347-882-0353. Thank you and good luck.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Mar 28, 2013
2 bedroom with average monthly market rates like that can be found in Harlem/washington heights/inwood. I can send you a free rental report that will help you analyze the market and feel more confident about the process. Feel free to email me at ddelrio@aclawrence.com

David Del Rio
http://www.aclawrence.com/1487 --> Live listings search

How are you? I hope you're doing well. Did you find an apartment yet? That's a really tight budget if you want to live downtown near NYU. I have a super spacious 2bdrm for $1600 located in Sugar Hill. It meets your Manhattan requirement but since it's 145th & Edgecombe, you won't be able to walk to school. Good news is the express trains (A and C) are only 1 block away at 145th St & St. Nicholas. Please feel free to let me know if you'd like to see it.

Looking forward,

Christine Gordon
Licensed Real Estate Salesperson
Cell: 917.881.2924
Fax: 347.328.9352
Apartment updates available at http://www.christinegordon.postlets.com
"Home is where the heart is."
Definitely not below 96th st unless you want to live in a broom closet, lol. Seriously, I am going to be as real and honest with you as possible because most agents in this game are not: if your aim is live below 96th with that budget prepare to make some sacrifices like saying good bye to some of that furniture and probably downgrading from a queens sized bed to a full, lol. It's funny but it's real.

I got two 2BR apartments right now in Washington Heights that are within your price range. Nice neighborhood with a lot of young couples and college students. But most people don't explore these options because they hear things about a particular neighborhood or their impressions of other boroughs, like the Bronx for example, is an image of the crime in the 1980's. Many of the worst areas in NY have really changed just look at Red Hook, Brooklyn. At the same time that change does drive prices up because now these areas are desirable. NY has changed so much that regular folk who want a decent place to live are being forced out of the very places that have been their communities for years.

Look, people get caught up in the glitz of what they think their Manhattan experience is going to be until they realize that, unless their budget starts in the $2000-$3000 area, you are most likely not going to get what you want. If you expand your scope and see what is out there you might actually get more for your money in other areas. As long as your open anything is possible. Hit me up and I can show you what is out there and you can decide for yourself.
That price range will not work anywhere below 96th street in Manhattan. Any apartments that you may have seen listed on a website in this price range, that are below 96th street,are probably scams,
Please do not try to find out the hard way, or you may end up sending a scammer a "good faith " payment of 500 dollars. on a nonexistant apartment. This is the typical approach, so beware.
On the other hand, Hamilton Heights, Washington heights, and Inwood are all in your price range, and all are in Manhattan, but they are all above 96th street.
Good luck on your apartment hunting, and feel free to contact me with any questions or advice as there is no charge for information and advice . That is how I "run" my business.
Thank you
Jerry Trudell
Licensed Real estate Agent
917-995-5064
No airconditioning. You could put it in your self though. It is a two bedroom but personally I would use it as a share making the rent $700 a person. I might turn the livingroom as a bedroom and make my rent $400. I have a bunch of one and two bedrooms in the mid hundreds and washington heights that would be perfect for you. Some are near the A train and some the 1 train. I have a one bedroom on West 188 street that was fully rebuilt with everything new. Why don't you text me on my number after you look at this one bedroom video. 212-361-9243
Just click to view.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IsLr11YtdHg&feature=yout…
This place is perfect. Exactly what we are looking for, even if it is a one bedroom.
Flag Sun Mar 24, 2013
The only area's you could expect to find a 2 bedroom apartment in Manhattan are ; Inwood, Harlem, East Harlem, and PERHAPS if you have a dilligent agent, a unit that has JUST come off rent-stabilization and is priced artificially lower for those reasons... Those are still great area's of Manhattan, though, just not the heart of the City and if you are willing to use the subway for 15 minutes you will have all the benefits of the great city of New York. Make sure the agent you work with i is a member of the RealEstateBoardofNewYork, REBNY
- Good luck,
I am looking to live anywhere in manhattan. But since I go to NYU, I would like to live as close to that as possible.
Darius, I really like that apartment. Is it air conditioned?
I have a huge two bedroom on 227 street for $1400 and a few smaller in Inwood, Washington Heights, and Harlem. I'm showing the 227 street Monday at 10Am. The west 227 street is one block from the 225 St stop one the one train and Metro North. Target and Marshall's shopping mall is two blocks away. It has laundry and elevator in the building. Here's a link to the video of the apartment on YouTube. Just copy and paste or give me a call and I'll email it to you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tF59xwN8Amg&feature=yout…
Hi there! What neighborhoods are you interested in? You can contact me at 845-705-1895 to discuss your search!
Do you have any neighborhoods in mind