Rentals in 66503>Question Details

Kristyngarry, Other/Just Looking in 74338

Need Farm/Acreage w/in 45 mins of Ft Riley

Asked by Kristyngarry, 74338 Fri Jan 14, 2011

We're moving Manhattan & need a farm/house w/min 5 acres to rent or lease to own, at least 4 bdrms, at least 2 ba. Unsure where to find these listings. Any ideas? Tried Craigslist. Would like listings to be sent to us as they are available, but unsure if any agents specialize in this type of thing.

0 votes Share Flag Rentals in 66503

Answers

13
Fort Riley brings back memories from the 1960's. I was there in 1968. I specialize in 5 acre parcels in Missouri, so I understand your problems. Many small acreages are for sale by owner or small developers like myself, and may not be on multi list.

I have three suggestions: 1. Try a local realtor. That is always the first place to start.
2. Google "land", "acreage" or something similar for Manhattan KS or Fort Riley. You might find people like me who specialize in that product. 3. Talk to a local community bank and ask them for references.

John Price
There are 2 MLS regions in the area for properties for sale. You can search both here: http://www.landmarkkansas.com/custom2.shtml. You can sign up for listing updates based off of your criteria, you can also create an account and save listings of interest. I would also suggest getting a printed Sunday issue of the Manhattan Mercury and the Clay Center Dispatch. I would also look in the classifieds of the Grass and Grain:http://www.grassandgrain.com.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Jan 14, 2011
What Manhattan are you refering to? Moving to or from? I can refer you to an agent exactly where your going, just unsure where that is.
Beth Mitro
MitroTeam@cox.net
702-285-7778
Thank you for your question about purchasing a farm/acreage. I have worked with people to acquire farmland. A good local agent is your best resource. Furthermore, I suggest using Loopnet a commercial real estate website that allows you to search for the type of property you seek. This should be done to get a feel for the market.
If I were you I'd pick a good Realtor first. The website below can help you to make sure you get a seasoned professional.

Professionals answering your questions here is a good place to start, but go get the list of questions to use in evaluating who to use.

...Craig
Web Reference: http://savvyagents.com/
Hi, My name is Michel Brown-Lowe and I am a Realtor in Orange, Rockland, and Westcher. You should be able to find what you need in one of these counties. Please feel free to contact me @ 845-636-4091. Thank you.
Have you tried West Milford NJ? We have a ton of great homes with lots of open space go to http://www.HomesInWestMilfordNJ.com
I would sugest you google "home rentals Manhattan KS". Also, google real estate agents in that city and call them. If they do not handle rentals themselves they may be able to give a personal referral.
Check with Scott Johnson Realty. Reputable, good, long time resident knows everyont there.
Are you looking in Manhattan, Kansas? I just got back from Ellsworth. My husband is from there and his parents grew up in Mancato. Have you tried Realtor.com? Otherwise, I would call the local real estate office. There probably isn't more than one or two.
Best of luck!
Belinda
My recommendation would be to google Ft Riley residential property management company., I just did it and I found a company ,but I think you should check it out for yourself.

Hands down, find a local Realtor. FYI it will cost you nothing to use a local Realtor who can find what you are looking for so much faster than on your own, they can also help you with TItle, getting pre-approved, and navagating the purchase contract. Best of all, it will cost you nothing.

Best of luck.
Spirit Messingham
Tierra Antigua Realty
Tucson, AZ
Thank you for your question about buying a farm. There is no substitute for a good local real estate agent, however, there are some websites that can help you in your cyber research.

Try, Loopnet. They have search features that allow you to look for Farms and other agricultural land.