Rentals in San Mateo County>Question Details

Eric, Renter in San Bruno, CA

My wife and I need to move immediatly and don't know what to do.

Asked by Eric, San Bruno, CA Wed Nov 7, 2012

We rented a room from her family. Her aunt's family has now officially lost the house to forclosure and my wife and I both have bad credit from past issues before our mairrage. We were thinking of using our VA loan to buy a condo since we have been trying to pay off all our debts and improove our credit but our credit scores didn't incline fast enough, so we have now decided to just look for a cheap rental to stay at until we have better credit scores in a year or two. We are now bouncing around from inn to inn trying desperatly to find a permenent place for us and our baby girl to call home. Is there any vetran's assistance for two vets rapidly running out of time, luck and options? Thank you so much to anyone with some good advice...

Ryan Cassidy’s answer
Have you tried the VA Assistance Foundation? The Veterans Assistance Foundation operates programs designed to assist homeless or at risk of becoming homeless veterans maintain or improve their status in society by providing a safe and secure environment through which they can access a wide array of human services. They might have some advice, or be able to point you in the right direction.

Their website is
I did look into it befor and I didn't think either my wife or I met the requirments. Most of the progams they offered were to already on the street homeless vets we have managed to stay off the streets just a lot of bouncing around but we don't know how much longer we can keep it up. hotels are so expensive compared to a regular rent and also the VA's website said if you qualify after the first round of questions then you also need to have a major handicap such particularly mental serious illness or addictions issues and what not. I will however, look into it again via the link you supplied. Thank you very much for your help!
Flag Thu Nov 8, 2012