Rentals in Charleston>Question Details

Patrick O'br…, Home Buyer in Charleston, SC

My wife and I are relocating to Charleston in July. Is it better to go through a realtor or just look online?

Asked by Patrick O'brien, Charleston, SC Wed May 15, 2013

--
This question was asked from this property: http://www.trulia.com/rental-community/9000029681/Magnolia-D…

Answers

17
Dear Patrick,

Using a Realtor® is the best idea for a buyer but, online is a good tool to get an idea of the markets condition. Most likely your Realltor® and this is what I would do if you were my client is set up a search catered to your specific criteria until we narrowed down what it is you are looking for exactly.

I work mostly as a buyers agent and will do my absolute best to earn your trust in finding a new home.

I would be delighted to show you properties in downtown Charleston including surrounding areas if you like, and am able to send you additional listings after we discuss exactly what you are trying to purchase.

Please send me your phone number and let me know a good day/time or call me at 843-754-2089 to speak about it.

Brian Walsh

ALSO IN ANSWER TO YOUR QUESTION FROM AN OUTSIDE SOURCE:

Why Use a REALTOR®?

http://www.realtor.com/basics/allabout/realtors/why.asp
Hi Patrick,

it's been a while and July is coming and going. Do you still need help?

Talk soon,

Rebecca Kroseberg
Carolina One
843.901.8659
rebecca@CharlestonLifestyleGuide.com
Hey Patrick,

It is much better to go through a realtor for many different reasons. I work with one of the best realtor's in Charleston and would love to put you in contact with her. Also, if you need assistance with your financing, I would be more than happy to help.

Feel free to give me a call anytime to discuss.

George Cohen
Mortgage Banker
678.442.3401 Office
678.985.5923 Fax
770.843.5482 Cell
gcohen@brandmortgage.com
apply online: gcohen.brandmortgage.com
NMLS# 75615 | 1078450
Im sorry but of you have every owned a home, you would know the answer to that question. You will definately need someone to represent you in the purchase of a home. Agents know the pitfalls and problems that can happen during a purchase transaction.
You can employ a realtor to represent you at no cost...I can pull active rentals from our Multiple Listing Service to help you get started...let me know your thoughts and feel free to contact me.

Jon Franko
843-469-7187
Professional Realtor
Carolina One Real Estate
jon.franko@carolinaone.com
Now Serving…YOU!

Follow me on LinkedIn and Twitter

https://twitter.com/JonFranko1
http://www.linkedin.com/pub/jon-franko/1b/bbb/884
You have had a lot of realtors answer your question. Please check out my recommendations on Trulia. You will see that my clients enjoy working with me. Let me know if I can help.
If you want a good realtor that treats your money like his own when negotiating, call me at (843)442-1524
LOOKING ON LINE IS A LOGICAL PLACE TO START AS WELL AS THE NEWSPAPER, REAL ESTATE BOOKLETS,ETC. MARKETING IS MARKETING,BUT UNLESS YOU ARE A VERY SEASONED AND EXPERIENCED BUYER YOU WOULD BE WELL ADVISED TO DEAL WITH A LOCAL AND WELL EXPERIENCED "REALTOR". TO AVOID PITFALLS AND COSTLY MISTAKES
Until you find a Realtor who is a good fit for you, it’s a good idea to search listings online because that will give you some of the flexibility and freedom that you may want right now to explore listings. Keep in mind, though, that a lot of listing websites are not updated daily, so you may be viewing homes that went under contract a month ago. When you find the right Realtor he or she can make recommendations on areas and neighborhoods based on your specific needs. Also, with the low inventory we’re seeing right now (and the way that new listings are often getting multiple offers within 2 days of being listed), your Realtor will be able to help you secure that top choice when you’re ready to buy. He or she may also be able to get you into homes before they come onto the MLS, which is becoming more and more common in this market.
Patrick,

I came across your question and I'd like to connect with you. I am a Real Estate Agent with Prudential Carolina Sun and definitely believe I can help you with your relocation services.

I just recently helped a family relocating from Florida and would be more than happy to help you and your family.

Feel free to contact me with any questions.

Terrence Davis
Terrence@prusun.com
Patrick,

Why don't I let you make that decision yourself by showing you some value. I have a free relocation packet that includes an educational school guide, a relocation guide, maps, and more. Please shoot me an email at rebecca@CharlestonTopHomes.com with your address and I will pop that in the mail tomorrow.

Rebecca Kroseberg
Carolina One Real Estate
843.901.8659
It looks to me like you are planning on renting. You may be able to find a Realtor that is willing to show you rental properties. There is no profit in this, so many might be willing to send you listings but not show you the property unless they manage it. Regardless, looking online is a good idea, but be careful. Start with a a Realtor site that allows you to search the local MLS. That will have the most accurate and up to date information. There will also be no scammers such as you will find on sites like Craig's list. Feel free to visit MichaelBlazeRealEstate.com and click on "search the MLS"
Always use a certified Realtor. I am here to help you with your relocation please email me at lvevon@carolinaone.com or direct line at 843-532-9666. Have a great evening.
For general purposes, the Internet is fine. As long as its an IDX search connected to the MLS. Realtors will have the most up to date market information and that is what truly benefits home buyers. A realtor who uses their market knowledge properly usually saves the homebuyer a couple percentage points on the price.
Web Reference: http://www.landonkail.com
Most everyone starts the process online but what a professional can offer is insight into the properties/areas you identify of interest as well as solid market statistics that can help guide you when it comes to finalizing your search. Please feel free to search real time info on my site at http://www.HavensCharlestonRealEstate.comand please do contact me so that I can supplement the information .
You are lucky to be relocating to such a wonderful place. Regards, Sam
Hello Patrick,

It is a good idea to use the internet but, it is very important that you use a Realtor® that you feel comfortable with, not a real estate agent. Also make sure they have an ABR designation(Accredited Buyer's Representative) which means they went through extra training to help buyers.

I work mostly as a buyers agent and would do my absolute best to earn your trust in finding a new home.

I would be delighted to show you properties in Charleston including surrounding areas, and am able to send you additional listings after we discuss exactly what you are trying to purchase.

Would you like to speak about what it is you are looking for? Please send me your phone number and let me know a good day/time or call me at 843-754-2089 to speak about it.

My Best Regards,

Brian
I would do both, Patrick. Look online at what's available and get a sense of what you like, while choosing a realtor you are comfortable with. Then, that person can email you properties that fit your criteria until you get here to look.
Kathy Jordan, Broker
843-442-0782